"Mortal Kombat Killer" Enters Guilty Plea

Joined Feb 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Michigan
Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/5111228/mortal-kombat-killer-enters-guilty-plea said:
"Mortal Kombat Killer" Enters Guilty Plea
By Mike Fahey, 8:40 AM on Tue Dec 16 2008, 5,927 views
"Mortal Kombat killer" Lamar Roberts will not be going to trial after all, having now plead guilty to child abuse and recklessly causing the death of seven-year-old Zoe Garcia late last year.

Roberts and his girlfriend Heather Trujillo, Zoe's half-sister, were both charged in the incident, in which Lamar allegedly acted out moves from the Mortal Kombat series, using the seven-year-old as his opponent. Trujillo was sentenced back in July, receiving an 18-year suspended sentence and six years in a youth offender program as part of a plea bargain.

Roberts had previously plead not-guilty to the charges in August, but has now entered a guilty plea in advance of the scheduled January 12th trial date. Instead he will now be sentenced on January 16th.

Original Story

Kotaku - http://kotaku.com/336104/child-beaten-to-death-by-drunk-teen-sister-acting-out-game said:
Child Beaten to Death by Drunk Teen, Sister Acting Out Game
By Brian Crecente, 7:12 AM on Thu Dec 20 2007, 39,225 views

A 7-year-old's sister and her boyfriend were charged Tuesday with child abuse resulting in death after the two beat and kicked the Colorado girl to death as they were acting out fights from Mortal Kombat, according to arrest affidavits.

Heather Trujillo, 16, and her boyfriend, Lamar Roberts, 17, of Westminster, are being held on $100,000 bond.

Zoe died on Dec. 6 from blunt force trauma to her brain and central nervous system. According to the Weld County Coroner her right wrist was broken, her body had more than 20 bruises, her neck muscles were bleeding and skin near her tongue had been torn.

According to the arrest affidavits, Trujillo told investigators she and Roberts were babysitting Zoe (Garcia) and her twin, 3-year-old sisters, while their mother worked at the Corral Bar about five blocks away.

Trujillo said they were acting out the video game "Mortal Combat" by savagely hitting and kicking Zoe, even dropping her on her side, which broke her wrist. Roberts, who claimed to be a martial-arts expert with his hands registered as "lethal weapons, said Zoe had asked him to stop hitting her but that he didn't because "...I was drunk."

Roberts said he had performed a back kick on her, then kicked her again as she ran toward him. She fell back and didn't get up. She had stopped breathing, and Trujillo and Roberts waited 15 minutes before calling for help.

They said they put her in a bath, which temporarily revived her, but that she stopped breathing again. Roberts said he cracked an egg in her mouth "to see if she was messing around with them."

The egg went down her throat, the affidavit stated.

Finally, the mother and paramedics were called. Zoe was taken to the Northern Colorado Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.

A witness told investigators that she asked Roberts whether Zoe had asked them to stop. "Yeah, she told me to stop," he said. Asked why he didn't stop, he said, "I don't know; I was drunk."

I can't even begin to express both my sincere sorrow for the loss this family must be going through now and my disgust at these teens who decided to get drunk and beat a child to death.

That's terrible, but even more terrfiying when you realize the seven year old couldn't protect herself against the attacks anyways. Was the girlfriend drunk too? Or just incredibly stupid to watch this? This is outrageous...

Insanity.

I don't care how drunk someone claims to be, when a 7 year old girl tells you to stop viciously attacking them you should be able to process that request. I've been in situations where after a good number of drinks fighting seems like a good idea, but when someone yells stop or that hurts, or shouts out some other cry of pain or mercy, ceasing whatever you're doing to them is a reflex, not a choice.

And my god, "back kicking" a 7 year old? Bleeding neck muscles and over 20 bruises on her body?

Horrific.

I concur with Stealth.I an ex-alcoholic,I've been sober for over a decade now.(You wouldn't think that by reading some of my posts though. :lol).

In all honesty,using drunkenness as an excuse is bull#%$^!

I've been hammered beyond belief in my day,but never to the point where I went deaf,especially to a dying plea to halt my actions.This is also why "Blacking-Out" isn't a defense in court.Maybe it's just my system,but I've never woken up the next day after a huge night of drinking where I can't recall all of my actions the night before.

God Bless,
MR.KAZ

Dear God, I have no idea what to do, but to honestly blame video games in this situation. Especially gloomy emo girls who never smile are the cause of depression these days. I'm at the store and this depressing girl with more piercings and cuts on her face than a freshly diced sushi platter. I came up to her and said "Hey, smile, it's the Holidays". She looked freaked out, since a 6'2" Nerd (Me) is a terrorizing thing to an emo girl. Yet what does that have to do with this situation? Kids are depressing these days that they will do anything to break out of the shell of boredom, yet to do something like THIS? Plus, that Halo kid murderer was just as bad for throwing a fit for someone taking away his video game.

It's good to make that girl scared. Looked like she needed a better expression on her face than a sad hooked fish, because I am the terror that flaps through the night.....I am the wrong number that wakes you at 3am... I am MEGA DRIVE!

logo_wondermega_l.jpg