Michigan
Yay I finally make an "Official" thread before anyone else! :lol

What I got for Christmas...
  • Roughly $165
  • Wiimote and Nunchuck
  • Fallout 3 - Xbox360
  • Animal Crossing City Folk - Wii
  • Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood - DS

Ben got some tech decks, a tech deck holder, a bongo drum thing, and...

Gears of War 2!!! :D

I got:

A Hoodie
$170 in cash
A 80 GB PS3 with Dualshock 3
Little Big Planet
The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray
Some Pillows and two Pajama Pants

I got a $25 gift card to Home Depot, a new ring to replace my wedding ring that I lost like four years ago (but we have to take it back to get resized), a one pound bag of sunflower seeds, a one pound bag of pistachios, and an MP3 player.

I'll talk about the MP3 player, as it's pretty cool, and not an iPod or Zune. My wife went to get me a Shuffle, but found this Phillips one for the same price. It had the same storage capacity, but had a screen and could store like 800 pictures and a bunch of videos. I loaded up the software and am charging it up right now. I'm going to see if I can transfer some MP3s I have on a disk onto this lil thing. I'm also going to dump all of my WMA songs onto it, and see how it works.

So far the screen looks cool. It's roughly a square inch, but is still very detailed. OUt of the box, everything looks good. Let's see how well it hold s up. If it breaks in a month, I guess I'll just go out and get an iPod.

As for the relatives who are sending us stuff, not sure yet. My father-in-law always gets me cool stuff. Usually Craftsman tools. My mother-in-law convinced my wife's grandmother to just cuts us checks. And being as she's loaded, who knows how much she's sending us.

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I got:

A Hoodie
$170 in cash
A 80 GB PS3 with Dualshock 3
Little Big Planet
The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray
Some Pillows and two Pajama Pants

Nice haul! Definitely going to have to Little Big it up soon. :D

I only opened up the little gifts I got from "Santa" today. I'm opening up the gifts from my family tonight.

So far, I got:

A $50 gift card to GameStop
2 new pairs of slippers that are SUPER warm (my feet are always cold)
Some socks n shaving gel
An emergency kit for my car which is actually very cool
Chocolate-covered cherries :drool
Some very warm pajama pants
2 new shirts
And a Mini-massager :D

Dart said:
I got a $25 gift card to Home Depot, a new ring to replace my wedding ring that I lost like four years ago (but we have to take it back to get resized), a one pound bag of sunflower seeds, a one pound bag of pistachios, and an MP3 player.

I'll talk about the MP3 player, as it's pretty cool, and not an iPod or Zune. My wife went to get me a Shuffle, but found this Phillips one for the same price. It had the same storage capacity, but had a screen and could store like 800 pictures and a bunch of videos. I loaded up the software and am charging it up right now. I'm going to see if I can transfer some MP3s I have on a disk onto this lil thing. I'm also going to dump all of my WMA songs onto it, and see how it works.

So far the screen looks cool. It's roughly a square inch, but is still very detailed. OUt of the box, everything looks good. Let's see how well it hold s up. If it breaks in a month, I guess I'll just go out and get an iPod.

As for the relatives who are sending us stuff, not sure yet. My father-in-law always gets me cool stuff. Usually Craftsman tools. My mother-in-law convinced my wife's grandmother to just cuts us checks. And being as she's loaded, who knows how much she's sending us.

Very cool man. Home Depot's like a man's best friend. :D

And the mp3 player sounds really cool too. I need to pick another one up soon.

i got

the 3 ps2 kingdom hearts
shin megami tensei persona 4
Code geass box set part 2
huge haruhi suzumiya poster
code geass poster
No more heroes (yay i've wanted it since i rented it before)
a 50 buck walmart gift card

Zidart said:
i got

the 3 ps2 kingdom hearts
code geass poster

Nice score bro :)

Zidart said:
i got

the 3 ps2 kingdom hearts
code geass poster

Niiice :D
Persona 4 is awesome...so are all the Kingdom Hearts. :D

Strubes said:
Niiice :D
Persona 4 is awesome...so are all the Kingdom Hearts. :D

yeah it is... my sister says i am lying, that i have no fun playing persona because they talk too much and i tell her "girl, in the world of RPGs this is fun"

Zidart said:
yeah it is... my sister says i am lying, that i have no fun playing persona because they talk too much and i tell her "girl, in the world of RPGs this is fun"

:lol Yeah, the first two hours or so are all cut scenes and talking, but after that, it moves pretty smoothly.

Hope you all had a great day =) Nice lots you guys got there =)

i got hmm -doing this off the top of my head-

Totoro Blue Fluffy Plushie
Toroto White Fluffy Plushie -all i need is a cat bus now and i have them all-
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party for the Wii -i love the rabbids there so funny-
Slayers Seasons 1 and 2 on dvd -r1-
Samurai X movie boxset -r2-
Nabari No O Liricamente Artbook -beautifull art work in it-
Persona 3 Hero Figure
Final Fantasy 7 Cloud and his Hardy Daytona Figure -not sure where im going to put it yet didn't think that far ahead when i asked for it lol-
Clamp No Kiseki Vol 11 w/ Kurogane (Tsubasa), Kohaku (Wish), Mokona=Modoki figures
Clamp No Kiseki Vol 7 w/Chii (Chobits), Akira (20 Mensou), Mokona=Modoki figures
3 sets of Letraset Markers and 2 pads
Will Youngs new album forgot what its called
undies =)
Mokona Pins

hmm im sure that ive missed something off of the lists...hmmm

Hope every one else got what they wanted tho =)

I have to go relatives a bit later on. I wasnt expecting much this day because most of the actual things I consider gifts I get for myself over the year. Regardless

50$ Gift Card to Gamestop from my parents (this was really shocking for the last time they bought me anything game related was like 3 years ago, lol)
Clothes and Bedroom Shoes (I finally found another pair of Silvertab (levis branded jeans) they seem to be a rare find everywhere and my first pair were the most comfortable jeans ever!!!)
30$ Gift Card to Dillards

100_0471.jpg

I also took out my babies this morning for some "exercise." My next door neighbor came over with his toy and we had some fun. His cousins drove up and thought we were shooting .22s!! There is a huge difference between the pop of a .22 and the boom of a 12 gauge.

Strubes said:
Very cool man. Home Depot's like a man's best friend. :D

And the mp3 player sounds really cool too. I need to pick another one up soon.

Home Depot is like crack for me. Every time I go there, I buy too much and suffer the consequences. :lol

My wife went on some ratings site and compared the iPod Shuffle with the Philips GoGear, and the GoGear got higher ratings with durability and overall ease of use. I charged it up, filled it up with like 200 songs and tested it out. The only thing I would change about it is the headphone jack. Instead of a straight-out pig tail, I would have used an L shaped plug. But that's just me. It also came in black. Don't know why, but electronics to me look the best in black.

I actually received most of my presents before Christmas due to special circumstances.

My mom gave me $200 which I used to buy Prince of Persia (360) and the Dark Knight, and some other stuff.

Joy gave me a replica of Sode no Shirayuki (Rukia's zanpakuto from Bleach).

But we did some gift exchange last night with my friends, and I got a bunch of pocky and Ramune, a gift card for Applebees, and a super cute fanart of Yoruichi and Soi Fon.

I still have a few friends who I haven't exchanged gifts with yet, so there's a bit more coming.

But I have to say that I'm already very satisfied.

1st: 3 Month Xbox Live Card
2nd: Three games for classic systems: Wario's Woods NES, Clayfighter 2 SNES, and Ms. Pac-Man Genesis
3rd: Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Essentials Collection DVD
4t: OKAMI for Wii
5th Socks and Underwear (Never leave home without them!!)
6th: White shirt
7th: A set of Glass Beer Mugs which will be used for the next gift below! ^_^
8th:

RootBeerKit.jpg

A ROOT BEER BREWERY KIT! ^_^

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I got:

Some Pillows

Hell yeah!! Pillows!!

Dart said:
My wife went on some ratings site and compared the iPod Shuffle with the Philips GoGear, and the GoGear got higher ratings with durability and overall ease of use. I charged it up, filled it up with like 200 songs and tested it out. The only thing I would change about it is the headphone jack. Instead of a straight-out pig tail, I would have used an L shaped plug. But that's just me. It also came in black. Don't know why, but electronics to me look the best in black.

Yeah, if you plan on getting anything smaller than 120 GBs of storage, an iPod is not the way to go. If it does happen to break down on you, I recommend the Creative Zen's.

CreepinDeth said:
Hell yeah!! Pillows!!

Yeah, if you plan on getting anything smaller than 120 GBs of storage, an iPod is not the way to go. If it does happen to break down on you, I recommend the Creative Zen's.

I can vouch for that, I love my little Zen!

I got a couple more xbox games, some beef jerky, socks, cologne and stuff, couple books, couple gun magazines, a new ski mask, gloves, and I think that's it. I had the most fun watching my niece open up Mario Kart DS which I got for her :)

CreepinDeth said:

400 song capacity is good enough for me right now. I uploaded nearly everything I had on my Windows Media Player and still have plenty of room. But I am sure one day I'll need something bigger, and then I'll get an iPod.