Happy 19th Birthday Super Nintendo! 9.9.91- 9.9.10

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
19 years old! Holy Moley! One of the 16-bit Gods just got a little cooler.

super%20nintendo.jpg

Remember when you first received a Super NES? Glorious times and one hell of a Christmas for most of us!

I never had a SNES, but much fun was had at my buddy's house. I swear. we must have clocked over 100 hours on Super Mario World each on co-op.

I played my cousin's mostly. Didn't actually get one til after I got my PS1 I think... Don't really remember.

Got mine in '92. I still have it but I don't know what happened to all of my games. I still have Super Mario World and my Super Scope 6! :D

It was well after the SNES came out that I was able to get one of my own. Mine was a refurb and I got it as a birthday present, I believe. My first game that I bought for it was Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

I missed this. :-[
I got my SNES in 92. I was already enjoying the Genesis, and maybe the Turbo Grafx 16. Not sure at what point I got the TG16. But the SNES brought Super Mario World, Super R-Type, and Gradius III, my first games. There is this certain flavor or atmosphere to Nintendo games back then, be it NES or SNES. Hard to put into words. With the Genesis it was attitude and style.

Mine has a yellowed top part to the console and is still pulled and played. I am mostly using the FC16 Go for SNES gaming these days. There are a lot of old memories fighting the Bacterion and BYDO Empires. I have saved the Galaxy so many times. And I am wanted in both of those rotten alien territories!

That time period is a moment in video game history that will never come again.

cant believe that its that old. i remember when it was the best system around! it was amazing! now all the new systems have better details! its just crazy. but i still love my sister's SNES :)