Final Fantasy XIII-2 -Official Topic- (Spoilers)

Joined Feb 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Michigan
Just don't want to forget that I wanted to make an official topic for this game too. I'll post up the vids we have and all that information tomorrow when I'm more awake. :lol

But til then, who's all excited for this game? They say that they're trying to fix what most people didn't like about the first (even though I thought it was just fine).

There are NINE possible endings in FFXIII-2:
After Caius is defeated, Serah, Noel and Mog return to Pulse at 400 AF, where Cocoon rises again. After Serah thanks Noel, she has a vision, then abruptly dies. Noel weeps for her as Hope arrives from Academia to greet them. However, in mourning, the world suddenly goes dark and Mog dies. Noel remembers Caius's warning about Etro to them, previously thought to be a bluff. Cocoon and everything on Pulse begins to emit Chaos as a giant seal opens in the sky. Valhalla appears with a somehow intact Etro's shrine, and a petrified/crystallized Lightning is seen sitting on Etro's throne. The words "To be continued..." are the last screen.
After obtaining all paradox endings and 160 Fragments, a secret ending, "A World Without a Goddess", plays after the end credits. It shows Caius sitting on Etro's throne from which he leaves and uses Ragnarok, causing Chaos to emerge, wanting to create a new world without Etro. This scene also alters the opening scene where Caius is seemingly shown talking to the player.[8]

Paradox Endings

> Noel and Serah use magic to disguise themselves as Microchu and Miniflan in order to remain unnoticed while they prepare a poisonous pudding to kill the evil King Flandragora in the Sunleth Waterscape.
> Noel replaces Caius as the new Guardian of Time, and floats through the Historia Crux.
> Snow appears in Academia and stops Alyssa from tricking Serah and Noel into going to Caius's trap, before flying off with Serah and Mog on Shiva as Noel and Hope look on.
> Serah enters an eternal dream, where she remains with Lightning, Snow, and the members of NORA in New Bodhum.
> Serah, Noel and Yeul are trapped in the destroyed New Bodhum, looking for a way out.
> Serah and Noel find a crystallized Vanille in Oerba.
> Serah and Noel are modified by the demi-fal'Cie Adam to serve as guards in Augusta Tower.
> Serah and Noel die battling Atlas in the Archylte Steppe.

Videos:

360 Players Get Exclusive Weapon DLC

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 -Official Topic-

I am uberly excited for this one. The "fixes" help but I really want to try the new cinematic quick time events XD. Quick time events are a guilty pleasure of mine and when they are in an RPG it makes me exceedingly happy.

Plus the story seems to be a bit more complex than the originals'

I'm really excited. For pretty much everything about this game. I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition and everything. :D

I guess my only problem is that I pre-ordered for PS3 so I won't get that weapon DLC unless I double dip and buy it for both systems.

I added another video, shows you more about the monster recruiting. Another I just added shows off the main characters. I really like Hope's voice this time around.

I've been avoiding videos, to be honest. A sort of media blackout so I can enjoy the game more. I still look at screenshots, though.

Mai Valentine said:
I've been avoiding videos, to be honest. A sort of media blackout so I can enjoy the game more. I still look at screenshots, though.

:'( I see how it is!

XD I can put up screenshots, I just haven't gotten around to it. Have been pretty busy lately.

I downloaded and played the demo that came out today. I actually really like all the improvements they made. There's even more strategy to creating the paradigms now because of the addition of monsters. There was also a lot more to explore and you can talk to people now. I also enjoyed the puzzles.

I'm still kind of bad at the cinematic response things, though. :lol

But I am even more excited than I was. I think I am going to like the game.

i enjoy final fantasty but i remember that final fantasy was originally the developers last try at video games ergo "Final Fantasy"... i think Square Enix has thoroughly drove this series into the ground

crashbandit_93 said:
i enjoy final fantasty but i remember that final fantasy was originally the developers last try at video games ergo "Final Fantasy"... i think Square Enix has thoroughly drove this series into the ground

I disagree. There are a lot of people that enjoy Final Fantasy games still, so it's not necessarily that the games are bad. It's just that a lot of the older fans go into it with nostalgia glasses hoping the games will be similar to the old ones, and are disappointed when they aren't. But it's been more than two decades since the original came out, so it's really not fair to expect Square Enix to retread the same old formula.

We've actually had a discussion about this. Read here if you're interested.

Mai Valentine said:
I disagree. There are a lot of people that enjoy Final Fantasy games still, so it's not necessarily that the games are bad. It's just that a lot of the older fans go into it with nostalgia glasses hoping the games will be similar to the old ones, and are disappointed when they aren't. But it's been more than two decades since the original came out, so it's really not fair to expect Square Enix to retread the same old formula.

interesting. it is a good point, altho from an outside view of it, when someone sees a 13 or 12 next to anything it appears like a money grab instead of about making a great game. idk square enix's intentions but it does seem a bit more money oriented than gaming. altho from the looks of the demo this one improved a lot of the issues i had with the last one.

Mai Valentine said:

Is there anything that you've seen about a 360 demo release? I really want to try it but don't want to drag the PS3 out of the closet.

I think I read that it should also be available for 360 already? I am not sure, though. Either way, I just downloaded it for the PS3 because the PS3's wifi is built in so I thought it would work better than trying to download it on my 360. :lol

Edited to add: I looked it up and it seems as though it should be on the Xbox 360 tomorrow.

Mai Valentine said:
I think I read that it should also be available for 360 already? I am not sure, though. Either way, I just downloaded it for the PS3 because the PS3's wifi is built in so I thought it would work better than trying to download it on my 360. :lol

Edited to add: I looked it up and it seems as though it should be on the Xbox 360 tomorrow.

Oh sweet! :D Thankies Mai.

It's a fairly long demo, too, which is awesome. I played for a little bit under two hours.

The demo mostly just shows off the changes to the battle system, though. You do a lot of fighting and don't get much of the story. But that's kind of true for most demos.

Demo is too big so I avoided downloading cant wait to play the game. Awkard way to spoiler tag first post, other forums actually have the spoiler tag feature...

Yeah, the spoiler tag feature is currently missing/broken since the site upgrade, unfortunately. I edited the title to reflect that there are spoilers.

I wonder if the first ending is going to be continued with DLC.

I don't know what to expect from the Story to be honest... Homestuck and Chrono Cross have given me a higher standard of time traveling storyline and I don't know if XIII-2 can beat Homestuck's funny and exciting time shenanigans.

THERE finally you can come into this topic without learning all the endings. :lol

I am curious how easy/hard it is to get the first ending, which I guess is the official one. I remember when I played FFX-2 that I followed the strategy guide pretty much the whole way through, because I wanted a specific ending.