Joined Feb 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Michigan
There's been quite a bit of ups and downs in gaming this year. So... I ask what is everybody's personal game of the year? What about personal flop of the year? Any surprises?

Console: Skyrim
Handheld: Super Mario 3D Land

I haven't really played anything this year that I would consider a flop.

Uncharted 3 is my game of the year hands down. Amazing single player experience and accessible, fun and addictive multiplayer

Zidart said:
Uncharted 3 is my game of the year hands down. Amazing single player experience and accessible, fun and addictive multiplayer

Exactly this.

Read my post here to see my thoughts. ;)

Portal 2 is a close second.

Battlefield 3? Eh… great game but not a GOTY. Skyrim? Meh. :p

Gundam Extreme Vs for PS3. I payed like $120 for it and was very hesitant but I really do not regret buying it at all :D

mariorulezman said:
To each his own eh? lol

Haha, yeah. Battlefield 3 is amazing and all, but I just cannot say it's the GOTY with Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and even Skyrim, all in the same year.

Skyrim? I just hate Bethesda's games. Too glitchy, not the best gameplay… they do specialize in good stories, though.
I'm sure it's an absolutely amazing game, and I (once I get it) will probably get a lot of playtime in it, but I just can't put it ahead of Portal 2 or Uncharted 3, as I said above for BF3. ;)

=D

Icyguy said:
Haha, yeah. Battlefield 3 is amazing and all, but I just cannot say it's the GOTY with Uncharted 3, Portal 2, and even Skyrim, all in the same year.

Skyrim? I just hate Bethesda's games. Too glitchy, not the best gameplay… they do specialize in good stories, though.
I'm sure it's an absolutely amazing game, and I (once I get it) will probably get a lot of playtime in it, but I just can't put it ahead of Portal 2 or Uncharted 3, as I said above for BF3. ;)

=D

Agreed on the glitchy/bug thing. I don't think I'd ever play a Bethesda game on a console unless I had to. The user made patches are always superior to the official ones, not to mention all the amazing user created mods there is for the PC versions.

Lol my opinion might come from me being a PC gamer and not a console gamer...So everything is amazing to me...

I was debating with myself on what would be my game of the year. Until I received Metal Slug Anthology for the Wii this weekend. It took the crown. This is my game of the year! Never has there been so much fun bundled up into one disc. A cartoony Contra intense shooting blasting fun-o-thon. :)

x2 said:
Agreed on the glitchy/bug thing. I don't think I'd ever play a Bethesda game on a console unless I had to. The user made patches are always superior to the official ones, not to mention all the amazing user created mods there is for the PC versions.

I wonder what u mean? I have not had any trouble with Oblivion on ps3 at all.....it feels same as morrowind did on pc.... I think it is the xbox that might be the prob :O

Anyhow game of year I would def say Skyrim.... so beautiful and powerful feeling and just awesome so far. Just great!

I vote:
Gears of war 3
Uncharted 3 (overlooked)
Resistance 3 (overlooked)

Possibly Portal 2
Possibly Skyrim
Possibly Zelda Skyward Sword

BV :hat

Fr0dus Maximus said:
I honestly don't see how Uncharted 3 could be overlooked =P
I don;t know... you heard people talking about it for 1 week and that was it. Granted, there were a lot of titles that came out around the same time. Most people I knew didn't buy it because they bought games for other systems.

BV :hat

Fr0dus Maximus said:
Bastion is hands down my game of the year. It is near perfect.

Portal 2 comes in at a close second.

What's Bastion?