Do you use the 3D on the 3DS?

Joined Feb 2007
2K Posts | 0+
Kentucky, US
I got my daughter a 3DS for Christmas. I have noticed that she does not use the 3D feature of the system. She finds the feature difficult to use when playing games, hard to focus her eyes and motion sickness. She only uses it for taking photos.

I am considering getting myself one maybe in the next three months. After owning the system for a while, Does anyone else use the 3D feature of the system? Or do you usually turn off this feature and ignore it?

I do, if its a 3D game then I play it in 3D. Thought I have to admit it depends on the game on how high I have it turned up.

Raving Rabbids I have turned almost off because its to strong and I lose focus will playing it but that's the only one that I've had any problems with so far

It really depends for me on what time of the day it is. Later at night it's harder for me to use it. When I do use it, it's usually only about at halfway. I do find it harder to use when I'm playing Super Mario 3D Land for some reason.

retro junkie said:
I got my daughter a 3DS for Christmas. I have noticed that she does not use the 3D feature of the system. She finds the feature difficult to use when playing games, hard to focus her eyes and motion sickness. She only uses it for taking photos.

I am considering getting myself one maybe in the next three months. After owning the system for a while, Does anyone else use the 3D feature of the system? Or do you usually turn off this feature and ignore it?
How old is she? I won't let my kids use the 3D feature.... yet. I was reading up that hurt younger kid's eye development.

I use the 3D feature off and on, but not all the time.

BV :hat

Bluevoodu said:
How old is she? I won't let my kids use the 3D feature.... yet. I was reading up that hurt younger kid's eye development.

I use the 3D feature off and on, but not all the time.

BV :hat
She is very young, 29 years old. At least she is still young to me. :lol

edit: It would be interesting to know just how many 3DS users actually use the 3DS feature.

retro junkie said:
She is very young, 29 years old. At least she is still young to me. :lol

edit: It would be interesting to know just how many 3DS users actually use the 3DS feature.

oops :lol :D

It would be interesting. I would be willing to be more do not use it ALL the time than they do. The screen is very nice either way :)

†B†V† :hat

I use the 3D sometimes. It's not really tied to a particular game, though. I'll play all the games in 3D or without it. Although I prefer Super Mario 3D Land in 3D.

it depends on the game for me. Fighting games I play with 3D off but OOT, Mario Kart and Super mario land 3D i do play them with the 3D on

Zidart said:
it depends on the game for me. Fighting games I play with 3D off but OOT, Mario Kart and Super mario land 3D i do play them with the 3D on

Yeah, actually this now that I think about it. I don't like to play DoA with the 3D on but every other game I usually do.

Honestly I think it's neat, but if I forget to switch the slider on or off it doesn't bother me. For a game like Kunio-kun Special it doesn't really matter to me, the added depth is neat. Fire Emblem I do enjoy having the 3D on as that game looks great :D

I have found that, at first, I used the 3D feature just to see what the game would look like. I quickly found that it was difficult for me to maintain the "sweet spot" for the 3D to be effective. My movement when using the buttons during some of the gameplay would interfere. SO I do not use this feature ever during gaming. I do occasionally use it for the pictures or video I take. The 3D is nice to have on hand, but impractical to use for gaming. Just a personal preference and opinion.

I wonder if Nintendo ever considered taking a survey of gamers to see how they used the 3D. Maybe they know, hence the 2DS lives! ;D

I think the 2ds was marketed towards those parents who thought the 3d would hurt a young child's eyes. I bought one for my then 4 year old so if he broke it I wasn't out so much money and the screen was small, the cartridge didn't eject well after some time, and he did end up breaking it. A replacement screen cost me almost 20% of what I paid for the system that'd still have that same eject problem. I replaced the screen anyway but somehow in putting it back together I must have left the speakers just a little loose because a little while later the speakers stopped working. The 2ds is still sitting in my spare parts bin two years later. I ended up buying him a 3ds XL and its lasted a lot longer.

I haven't seen any available in my local area since the first of the year. It fizzle out. Or I really don't think it took off. Never saw anyone with one myself.

If you play or even see a 3ds xl there is no going to a smaller screen. I'd be like giving up that big tv in the living room or getting a smaller computer monitor, or going back to dial-up. Once you've made or even seen the step forward there is no going back.

Old games on the other hand...