Playstation Vue

Joined Jul 2004
1K Posts | 1+
Bmount
Better tv my ear lobe... 100 channels for 45 monthly seems crappy. granted, you don't have to rent how many ever cable boxes and pay extra for certain things but for sony having no responsibility for dealer serviceable equipment I'd expect more aggressive pricing. My cable bill is twice that but I get 3 times the channels.

If I were to cable cut I still find better value in the netfix, hulu, amazon prime combination. The only sacrifice there is the live tv, but with dvr and on demand programming I don't find myself watching live tv all that much.

Their deal with showtime looks ok though, 8.99 for show time or 11.49 for epix / showtime if you're a psn member.

I cut the cord years ago. With an outdoor antenna, a roku, Netflex, and Vudo, I am not wanting anything else. With the advent of CBS going to produce the next Star Trek tv series on their CBS All Access, at only $5.99 a month it is tempting. The only way to watch the new series is on CBS All Access. My Family and I mostly watch the Netflex and roku stuff. Vudo supplies the new rental releases. The local channels, even though there are roughly 40, we only look at the weather and news. And ME-TV to provide those retro TV series cravings. I really like Netflix producing original content. That alone makes it worth having. I totally look at TV from a different perspective than I did many years ago. Technology has changed that.

I'd love to be able to use an antenna for locals but I live in a valley and any radio station or tv station outside of the valley don't pick up well at all. It's so bad there's spots Sirius didn't work well in when I had that.

You're right about Netflix, the majority of their original programming is phenominal. Even the stuff that seems like they didn't try very hard (the ranch) is awesome.

I use Sling.TV on my Roku. I mostly have it for ESPN and AMC. It's only $19.99 a month and you can add more channel packages at $5 each. I also have Netflix, Hulu and Prime. My girlfriend has a Starz subscription through Prime so we're pretty much set when it comes to video. I also subscribe to MLB.TV to get my baseball fix. Completely worth it and still less than what we were paying for cable last year.