Neo Geo CD Last Hope - Neo Geo CD (any interest?)

Status
Closed
Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I am gauging interest in this game... if it comes out for the Neo Geo CD... who would be interested in purchasing it?

being one of the Internet's largest Neo Geo CD dealers... I figure it would be a great game to get on hand.

POst up your thoughts!

thanks,
†B†V† :hat

I'm game.

It's comming out on the NGCD, but according to the people who're developing the game, the publisher wanted to release the game first on the DC, then to the NGCD.

According to their blog:

"On a sidenote, in agreement with the publisher we've decided to release this Dreamcast version first. An release date of the NEO·GEO CD version isn't estimated yet."

http://blog.ngdevteam.com/

So yeah count me in.

Could be interesting. I know I would not pay $500 or whatever the AES costed, but it could be worth it at $30-40.

I didn't like what they did with the AES release. 1. It was way too expensive. 2. You had to sacrifice one of your own AES carts to get it.

However, for a CD release, if you were selling it Bluevoodu, I would buy it.

I already own Last Hope on the Neo Geo Cartridge with full colour poster 60 copies left limted edition soon to be very rare..

I am very very interested in the Neo Geo CD version as well.

This game is avaliable on Neo Geo cart, the Dreamcast version just came out.
The Neo Geo Cd version along with the MVS cart are planned to come out next depending on demand.

This is NG:Dev teams first game on the Neo Geo, so they may make another game soon, depending on how much demand there is for their first game.

All versions are based on the Neo Geo cart version, that's why the Dreamcast version graphics aren't any better.

Last Hope Neo Geo CD please let me Know when released.

All versions are based on the Neo Geo cart version, that's why the Dreamcast version's graphics aren't any better.

This is NG:Dev teams first game on the Neo Geo which took 2 years, so they may make another game soon, depending on sales & demand for their first title. As SNK have turned their back on the Neo Geo, lucky sammy are still making 2D games on the Atomiswave, prices of games have come down.

Review for Last Hope Neo Geo Cart Version:

All I can say to is that Last Hope is brilliant, similar to Pulstar & Last Resort, which you already know, it is very very difficult even on easy mode. I've made it up to Level 2 midway. It's one of those games where you keep on swearing every time you die.

This game definitely deserves a place on your Neo Geo review page above last Resort!!!!

The game is definitely tactical, which means you can't just shoot your way through you have to know when to rotate that pod by using the B button, to shoot enemy behind you.

After Listening to the Mp3 soundtracks from the Last Hope official Website, I had to beg my wife to buy it for me last Summer (July 2006)

Graphics & Music are excellent for a first game. Nothing will every beat Viewpoint graphics though or Alpha Missions 2 weapons & playabilty.

Playability, very addictive & enjoyable to play, manly for hardcore shoot'em fans, but definitely should be part of anyone's Neo Geo collection.

I had to send my K.O.F '95 cart & snapcase to NG:Dev team so that the could put the Last Hope game onto my the cart, had to spend a couple of hours removing the old K.O.F'95 cart sticker.

Expensive at £411 ($850), but well worth it believe me I own it.

redrum said:
i would buy it from you
WELCOME BACK redrum! It's been awhile :)
I hope to see you around again.

@ KUK... ok :)

@ catseyes... I know... it really looks good... I haven't played it yet, but I am sure looking forward to it. I am hoping to carry the DC and Neo CD versions. MAYBE the AES if I can get ahold of 1 or 2.

@ fighter, ross, redrum, and Lesley... I'll keep you all informed. I am still waiting for a few responses.... but we'll see where this heads. I am definitely looking to stock it and working with them directly.

yep its me i need a new place to hang out neo-geo.com was geting to slow for me not a hole lot was going on there  :lol

redrum said:
yep its me i need a new place to hang out neo-geo.com was geting to slow for me not a hole lot was going on there  :lol
Hey... great to have you here :) You used to be on the neogeocd.net forums.

It seems like we are picking up a lot of members from other places... but this place gets slow sometimes too. We're working on that though :)

Got my CD's the other week, sad there wont be an MVS
release.

edit: I just need to find a decent CDZ now and pick up
some other shooters :D

Stellaking said:
Got my CD's the other week, sad there wont be an MVS
release.

edit: I just need to find a decent CDZ now and pick up
some other shooters :D
You got it? I still haven't heard anything back from them on getting a CD release...

Bv :hat

Yeah...

They have an offer of a free CD copy if you picked up the NGH cart, just cover shipping.

I must have subscribed for email notification on all versions way back when.

Recent Dev team CD info:
http://www.ngdevteam.com/ngcd.htm
Team blog CD info:
http://blog.ngdevteam.com/

This is a bit of a trawl through but CD info and
comments start on page 71:
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2401098#post2401098

EDIT:
Nice site Bv... 8) I followed a link from a mod over on the
ng.com site and I'm looking to pick up a CDZ after xmas and putting some business your way / the store soon.

Shame about them not getting in touch, saying that I found emails from the team faltered out after picking up the cart version.

I think... If you can, try and get hold of a few copies for the store.
From what I've heard this will be the last version of Last Hope.

Status
Closed