Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword: BETTER THAN OoT!!?!?!! (IGN)

Joined Feb 2007
9K Posts | 0+
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!!!
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1212220p1.html

After reading that review, I'm really really excited. I haven't been paying attention to gaming a lot lately, but this sounds awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I don't know about this. I Love Skyward sword... but for some reason, I get more frustrated with the movements in Skyward Sword. I can't seem to square up with items... or with a box to jump on... so I find myself running around the box to get straight on with it. Does this make sense?

I love the game overall... Who else owns this game? It is a superb game... but alas, it has been over shadowed by other major releases in October and November.

†B†V† :hat

I agree. I love the game quite a lot and while it probably is better than OOT to some (myself included) I just gave up on the idea of a Zelda game collectively being considered better than OOT because people hold that game close to their hearts

Zidart said:
I agree. I love the game quite a lot and while it probably is better than OOT to some (myself included) I just gave up on the idea of a Zelda game collectively being considered better than OOT because people hold that game close to their hearts
I can understand this as I always thought majoras mask was one of the best zeldas ever made. But if you think skyward sword is better than oot... Why not just say it? Lol. Even if people did think it was near and dear to them.

Bv :hat

Zidart said:
That's very true, but I still can't wait for Christmas. Zelda can get a little stale to be perfectly honest (I thought TP kind of was and I know I'm not alone) and it sounds like this one is a big step forward in terms of story and gameplay.

If that is the case, I might have to try to sell some organs so I can afford to buy my parents a Nintendo Wii. My dad is a diehard Zelda fan.

Grindspine said:
If that is the case, I might have to try to sell some organs so I can afford to buy my parents a Nintendo Wii. My dad is a diehard Zelda fan.

I'll take a spleen.

Grindspine said:
I can get a reaaal good price for one of your kidneys.

I actually recently realized that I don't like OoT as a whole. I just like the Forest Temple dungeon. For the N64 Zeldas, Majora's Mask was my favorite, and my overall favorite is Wind Waker.

Shocking I know.

I realized this while replaying OoT on the 3DS because of how I just couldn't be bothered to beat it. I traded it in towards Skyward Sword, actually. :lol

I already love Skyward Sword. The music really reminds me of Wind Waker and the story seems interesting so far. I still struggle with the controls, though.

Mai Valentine said:
I actually recently realized that I don't like OoT as a whole. I just like the Forest Temple dungeon. For the N64 Zeldas, Majora's Mask was my favorite, and my overall favorite is Wind Waker.

Shocking I know.
Wind Waker never really gets enough credit. My friends and I started sharing a file about a month ago and I really love it. I had never played WW before and so far it's just a great, unique game. I love the way they did exploration. I'd take a ship over Epona any day.

Reading through the reviews on amazon this game is getting pretty mixed reviews. There's quite a few people who actually say it's the worst Zelda ever!? Now I personally doubt that is true, but it does sound like the verdict on SS is shaping up to be much like WW; you either love it or hate it.

By the way, I agree with you guys on Wind Waker, I absolutely loved it!

x2 said:
Reading through the reviews on amazon this game is getting pretty mixed reviews. There's quite a few people who actually say it's the worst Zelda ever!? Now I personally doubt that is true, but it does sound like the verdict on SS is shaping up to be much like WW; you either love it or hate it.

By the way, I agree with you guys on Wind Waker, I absolutely loved it!

Woow really? honestly I feel that the game has a constant up and down vibe to it. it is like uncharted 3, the game can have amazing moments and pretty low tone ones it is not constant excitement.

What makes this one very memorable are definitely the boss battles. Never before have experienced such exciting boss battles

oddly enough i really have no desire to play skyward sword. it's the forced motion controls that put me off. in fact all the wii games i've played, i've used the classic controller, i dont even like the wii remote.

Honestly, the last Zelda I played through was A Link to the Past. Oddly enough, my brother in law borrowed OoT from a friend shortly after it came out and I watched him play one in a while but never got into it. Now it's on my list of wanted games along with Majora's Mask. I'm interested to get Skyward Sword as well. I just need to win the lottery so I can buy all the games on my wanted list.

Polygon said:
Honestly, the last Zelda I played through was A Link to the Past. Oddly enough, my brother in law borrowed OoT from a friend shortly after it came out and I watched him play one in a while but never got into it. Now it's on my list of wanted games along with Majora's Mask. I'm interested to get Skyward Sword as well. I just need to win the lottery so I can buy all the games on my wanted list.
I sometimes like Majoras Mask better than Ocarina of Time... IMO they were both perfect games. Majoras Mask seemed to be the red headed step child of Zeldas (besides some of the earlier Zelda incarnations). I know a lot of people now that like Majoras Mask better. It's definitely strange.

I've said it a million times... I LOVE the last 5 min before the moon crashes into the planet. The song is really cool.

†B†V† :hat

So I'm about 2 years late, but here's my opinion. Both games are fantastic as we all know, but each have their pros and cons. Skyward Sword being an up to date game of course distributing a wider variety of things like mini games, color, graphics, new techniques, all of that. Although that's an unfair advantage, it's there. Also, SS presented a much more hype affect when battling, especially in the final boss(holy shit, that was a fun battle). Hell, even fighting the Imprisoned got my heart rate going. Also, was I the only one that was given anxiety when doing things in the Silent Realm? Jesus. As for Ocarina of Time, I'm sure we all love that game not only due to great gameplay but due to nostalgia and sentimentality. Ocarina of Time featured more standout memorable moments in the context of the entire series than any other game before and after it. Everything from galloping through Hyrule Field for the first time with Epona, to the powerful opening screen that was based off this image, to entering the Temple of Time for the first time with that simple church hymn in the background that made the place feel important, to pulling the Master Sword out from the pedestal and most significantly (in my opinion), two of the most memorable experiences in the entire series; the ascend up Ganon's Castle amongst dozens of flights of stairs with that ominous organ music getting louder as you drew closer to Ganondorf only to have purple energy inflicted onto Link from Ganondorfs gauntlets and then the descend down to the base of Ganon's Castle when the Castle was collapsing following successful completion of the first phase of the final boss.

It's honestly hard to choose, but I'll have to go with Ocarina of Time being better, although Skyward Sword is right there with it.

I purchased this game years ago and purposed playing it once I got through all the other console zeldas. I still have to find a copy of the gamecube's four swords adventures and am waiting for majora's mask and oot to be delivered then it seems I'll have a Zelda-thon. In recent memory I've only ever beat The Legend of Zelda and a Link to the Past so that puts Zelda 2, OOT, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventure, and Twilight Princess ahead of this game but once I finish all those I'll be able to come up with an unbiased opinion. To call it the best in the series though I'm going to have a hard time putting anything above The Legend of Zelda because it was one of my first ever video games and the first game to introduce me to role playing games and cemented my love for video games in general.

A link to the past is still my favourite of all the Zelda games. I liked OOT and MM on the N64 but the SNES one still, to me, was the better game. I thought Wind Waker was very good. I could never get into Twilight Princess. And I never tried Four Swords but heard good things about it.

You make me want to pull out a link to the past again. Hmmm...............

Still playing the old original Gameboy Zelda.

there a lot of good Zelda games on the various iterations of Nintendo hand helds but for whatever reason I was never able to keep the games, I've had them all but spirit tracks and minish cap but as of last inventory I only have the game on the 3ds, which is amazing and especially such for those of us who love the link to the past game.