Just got a SNES!

Asii said:
What do you mean by Super Mario World and Super Mario All-Stars being on the same cartridge? Aren't they two separate games?

There are some versions of Super Mario All-Stars that have SMW on it as well if I remember right... One cartridge has 4 games and the other has 5.

RJ1022 said:
Who buys SNES's anymore? Get a Wii XD

I just bought one, and I have a Wii, and I have real copies of games and VC copies.

RJ1022 said:
Who buys SNES's anymore? Get a Wii XD
Yeah, so you can play SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, the triad of FF's, Earthbound, Star Fox, and all those great games now available on the VC.

@#%$!

aleeock157 said:
I just bought one, and I have a Wii, and I have real copies of games and VC copies.
Seems stupid to me, but i guess it makes sense if your a collector or you're just a retro fan.
fhqwhgads said:
Yeah, so you can play SMRPG, Chrono Trigger, the triad of FF's, Earthbound, Star Fox, and all those great games now available on the VC.

@#%$!
They'll be on V/C eventually.

RJ1022 said:
Depends on which costs less or is more effeicient.
Can't get more efficient than 'already out', especially when the other choice is 'might not ever come out'.

I have a SNES and it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience. In fact, I've been playing it with my brother very frequently recently. I don't know much about the Virtual Console because I don't have a Wii, but I bet there are a lot of great SNES games that won't ever be available for the VC. Is Tetris Attack or Panel de Pon available, for example?

Asii said:
I have a SNES and it's a thoroughly enjoyable experience. In fact, I've been playing it with my brother very frequently recently. I don't know much about the Virtual Console because I don't have a Wii, but I bet there are a lot of great SNES games that won't ever be available for the VC. Is Tetris Attack or Panel de Pon available, for example?
Pokemon Puzzle League is. As is Kirby's Avalanche.

MegaDrive20XX said:
You got 3 of the best starting games my friend!

You need

Street Fighter 2 Turbo
and pretty much all those that FHQ just mentioned.

Don't forget Super Mario World!

He has Super Mario World.

fhqwhgads said:
And they've been on the SNES for around 14 years. So which is better?

i say the original games are better. but they're both equal right? the only thing is.. games such as chrono trigger may run you $30-$50 if you buy off ebay or from someone who knows it's value. i don't know how much it costs on VC.

You've got some great ones already. Try picking up:

Star Fox
Actraiser
Super Ghosts n' Goblins
Flashback
Super Mario Kart

Let's see... must have games for the SNES...

Final Fantasy II
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Gradius III
Darius Twin
Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts
Zelda III: A Link to the Past
Castlevania: Dracula X (if you can find it)
Mega Man X, X2, X3

Man, that system had SO many great games.