The Minch Complex (spoilers)

Joined Jun 2008
112 Posts | 0+
So, am I the only one who ever felt bad for Pokey? I mean, he's a total jerk, but consider the environment he was raised in. It's heavily suggested that his dad beats him, and he seems to receive no love from either of his parents. The cops also considered him to be a nuisance, and I can only assume the rest of Onett did.

So, did Pokey rise to power in the Happy Happy Cult, in the Monotoli company, team up with a being that can destroy the universe, and create his own empire be Well, probably. But, I thought there was something more to that, like he was trying to fill some sort of void in his life with money, power, etc. If you think about it, Pokey must be pretty smart to rise that quickly, despite his blatant immaturity.

I also think that Pokey was really jealous of Ness. It seems to me that Ness was probably the closest thing Pokey had to a friend, but Pokey was envious of the love in Ness's family, that his didn't have. After all that, he ends up doomed to loneliness at the end of Mother 3. What a sad fate.

On a side note, I like Pokey more than Ness because he has more character. I mean, Ness has no speaking lines, and Pokey has tons of personality. On another side note, Pokey must be pretty smart to rise to power so quickly, especially as a kid.

Re: The Minch Complex

i think lucas' life sucks a lot more than pokey's though >_> and yes he does have more personality... but i still don't really like him.... and having a bad life is not an excuse in my opinion XD

Zidart said:
i think lucas' life sucks a lot more than pokey's though >_> and yes he does have more personality... but i still don't really like him.... and having a bad life is not an excuse in my opinion XD

I give. I haven't played Mother 3(actually, I didn't start my second attempt to beat EarthBound until I heard about the translation patch). What's Lucas's life like?

Asii said:
I give. I haven't played Mother 3(actually, I didn't start my second attempt to beat EarthBound until I heard about the translation patch). What's Lucas's life like?

well it has to do with spoilers so go figure XD

pretty much his twin brother got kidnapped and transformed into a robot, his mom got killed by a dinosaur and he obtained his PSI by being raped in a hot tub by some random...guy or girl... i have no idea... but if you read the dialogue you would get what i mean XD