Where is your SNES now?

behind the tv... where it has been since I got it.... ready to be pulled out and played for the millionth time :D
...still...

:lol

BV :hat

Still on my wish list. The hard part is smuggling it into the house without my wife realizing it's there. She's still mad that I came home one day with a Sega Dreamcast. Hey, it works great and it was $20...

:lol @ dart.

let me tell you... forget hiding these things. Just come out in the open. It saves a lot of trouble :)

†B†V† :hat

It was in the open!! She doesn't like video games. Period. She says they will rot your brain. But I've been playing games since I could remember, and I'm alright. Aren't I??
She found my note book that has lists of all my games that I have for when I go out to buy new ones. Last night she said, "Nice note book. That's a long wish list of games." I replied, "But that's a list of the games I have now." She about fell over. So when I get the SNES, I'll have to be creative to get it in the door. After all, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!!

Im seriously thinking of breaking out my SNES and playing through some Donkey Kong (probably the first and second)

Ive got the DK blues. :lol

creepindeth04 said:
Yeah mine started to turn yellowish. I tried to clean it but it wont come off.
I was told once that computer companies use plastic that will turn color so that it's easy to see how old they are. Chances are that Nintendo used the same type of plastic because it's high impact and cheap.

BTW, I still want an SNES...

ACTUALLY... there is scientific proof that a healthy diet of gaming is good for you.

It exercises a different part of your brain than reading and other activities.... it is actually doing some good for your brain :)
*in moderation of course :lol but with gaming... what is moderation? :D

Bv :hat

Mine sits next to my PS2, usually with a copy of Super Ghouls N Ghosts or Super Castlevania 4 sitting in there

You gotta love that scientific proof. Anyway, I don't have one yet. I badly want one. BV, do you ship to Australia...

He probably does, Woodsy. But I am sure that he won't be ale to send you a PAL SNES as soon as you want it, being as PAL format game systems are for some reason not popular in the States... :D

That's an idea!! I just found out that my Sega Master System supports PAL games as well as NTSC games...

Super Famicom games work on a US Super Nintendo without a convertor. Simply just cut the 2 taps inside the SNES where the cartridge slot is and then when the 2 tabs are removed by cutters or pliers, just insert the SFC cartridge and power up the US SNES and start playing Ghost Chaser Densei, Pretty Soldier Sailormoon R, Undercover Cops, Seiken Densetu 3, Dragon Knight 4, King of Dragons, Yu Yu Hakusho 2, World Heroes 2 etc. :D 8)

America and Japan games are NTSC format but I don't know if PAL games will work though. I heard that their was a convertor to play PAL games on a US SNES. ;) 8)

Dart said:
Still on my wish list. The hard part is smuggling it into the house without my wife realizing it's there. She's still mad that I came home one day with a Sega Dreamcast. Hey, it works great and it was $20...

Why would she be upset with things that bring you enjoyment?

GAMEFAN

She grew up in a family with limited access to TV and videogames. They were basically only allowed to play board games. So she doesn't really approve of me bringing home consoles because she is trying to raise our kids the same way she was raised.

Dart said:
She grew up in a family with limited access to TV and videogames. They were basically only allowed to play board games. So she doesn't really approve of me bringing home consoles because she is trying to raise our kids the same way she was raised.

Ah..makes sense.

GAMEFAN

I've still got mine laying around in pretty good condition...save for that yellowish tint to it. I would still play it once in a while if I had any decent games (you can only beat Super Mario so many times) and if my controllers weren't busted up. I tried cleaning them, but the D-pad is extremely hard to use. You need to push with all your weight to get it to work. Oh well, maybe I can find some used ones around somewhere.