SNES Memories

I have a lot of memories when it comes to the SNES. Space Megaforce, Super Metroid, Super R-Type, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Super Mario World, Star Fox, Joe & Mac, Donkey Kong Country, Battletoads, Axelay, Cybernator, of which most of those games I still pick up and play. :D

Bluevoodu said:
man... so many good memories... I Don't know where to start.

Everything down to the smell of a freshly opened video game box was great :lol Man... I loved that smell (kind-of like open a fresh can of tennis balls :lol )..... opening a new SNES game was great :D

†B†V† :hat

No other games smell like new SNES games/manuals did. They should sell that smell in a spray can.

i was more of a sega guy myself, but i got a snes later down the road, and i can see why many people call it their favorite system. the best gaming memories in my life, however, came from the nintendo 64. i love that freaking thing.

The first time I ever held a game was for the SNES. I opened it up like the 3 year old I was and played Super Mario. I was addicted and I finished it about 3 years later? :lol But it was a good memory. :)

silent_enigma said:
No other games smell like new SNES games/manuals did. They should sell that smell in a spray can.
That's funny! See... someone else knows what I am talking about.

I tell you... nothing else smelled the same. I opened a new/sealed snes game 2 months ago (that I had aquired). When I opened it, talk about a rush of memories. The smell brings back a lot.

Neo Geo cart games also had a distinct smell... although, they don't smell as good as snes games.

I like your canned snes smell idea :lol

Bv :hat

I remember renting Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, and loving it so much I had to go and buy it even though the rental wasn't even up yet. :lol

my older sister and i would spend countless hours on that thing even though i didnt know what i was doing i remember it blowing my mind, oh and i also remember my insane obsessesion with mario that is stillr aging inside me today lmao

I remember the first time I saw one in the store. Went to pick up Final Fantasy Legend II for Game Boy and they had a display SNES with Super Mario World running. I heard the music and game sounds and thought, "That sounds like Mario jumping!" Rounded the corner and there it was on the kiosk monitor, shining down like bright, blessed rays of epiphanous 16-bit heaven. Ahhhh! 0:)

Playing with the Super Scope was a trip. I don't even remember the games but I remember that it was fun for a little bit.

-Kefka from Final Fantasy VI. Up till this day he still remains as one of my all time favorite characters. His obscure appearance, "wonderful" laughter, genuine evil and expressions like "Son of a submariner" made me like him from the first time he appeared on the screen. The theme of Terra is one of Uematsu's finest moments.

-Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2 Carlie's quote: "The ugly ones are getting mad". One of my all time favorite games.

-Tales of Phantasia The 3rd on of my top four favorite RPGs together with Chrono Trigger, FF6 and Seiken Densetsu 3. Filled with memorable scenes like when Arche is dreaming about Cless, when Cless and Klarth are discussing how the girls would be in bed, the opening quote "Kono yo ni akuma haroto sureba. Sore wa stu no kokoro da/If there is evil in this world. It lies in the heart of mankind" and the Indignation spell plus tons of other things that comes to my mind.

-Chrono Trigger The theme of Schalla and the theme of Frog are some of the greatest pieces of music I know of. The master of war Spekkio. The over all awesome game.

There are so many great memories from the SNES. :)

I do not know if I posted in here before or not, but Super Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island and a Kirby golf game are the games that mostly stand out in my head...oh, and Donkey Kong games :D

I've been playing a little SNES lately. Alladdin and Lion King, so fun. lol. And from my childhood, there was this soccer game, I don't remember whats its called and I can't find it no matter how many soccer games I play. But it really was like the coolest sports game ever! Then of course classics, Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, etc