Anyone here actually BEAT Ghosts and Goblins?

you're lookin at him....my nickname on Digitpress.com forums...is Ghouls 'N Ghosts.....Lemme guess..Ghosts N Goblins...stage 2?

you haven't seen ridiiiccculously hard....until you have met my 4th favorite of the series....the GBA port/upgrade to SUPER Ghouls 'N Ghosts..harder then the original...

I liked Ghouls and Ghosts and Super Ghouls and Ghosts back on the NES and SNES, is the GBA port really harder? How much different is it overall?

Grindspine said:
I liked Ghouls and Ghosts and Super Ghouls and Ghosts back on the NES and SNES, is the GBA port really harder?  How much different is it overall?

Well there are hidden levels added, each one is a remake from the first or second game..or entirely brand new...the vicious part about it, the only way to access these levels (Which will be in the middle and top of the level grid) is by ALWAYS defeating the boss with the golden armor on, do not get hit once...

The part I got stuck on *is* level two. Sorry I didn't answer that in my last post. Got to the boss once...and boom. dead.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Well there are hidden levels added, each one is a remake from the first or second game..or entirely brand new...the vicious part about it, the only way to access these levels (Which will be in the middle and top of the level grid) is by ALWAYS defeating the boss with the golden armor on, do not get hit once...

Sounds difficult. I really liked the original. The level of challenge was decent. I don't think they needed to add harder parts in. I guess it's kinda like the port of Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls--adding some new things might increase interest to those who have already finished the original titles.

Aprilsrain said:
The part I got stuck on *is* level two.  Sorry I didn't answer that in my last post.   Got to the boss once...and boom.  dead.

ah the twin monsters..twice the fun...just the first boss, but now in a pair...just take your time with it and never rush

Grindspine said:
Sounds difficult.  I really liked the original.  The level of challenge was decent.  I don't think they needed to add harder parts in.  I guess it's kinda like the port of Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls--adding some new things might increase interest to those who have already finished the original titles.

Pretty much every GBA port in existance is like that now that you think about it..

i beat ghouls and ghosts on snes. death for me as a child, but now it's not bad if you know what weapons to get and avoid
arrows on normal armor are perfect for the red dancing bastiches and the kings at the end. second time through the bracelet makes it tough, but decent armor still makes it doable

When this game came out, I was addicted to it. I played it every spare waking moment. I actually got far. I don't remember how far, but it was with the golden armour, and lots of ladders, or something like that.
I bought the game when I got my "new" NES about a year ago. Hunted it down on ebay. Paid $9.60 with shipping. I realized something: I suck at it now. Whoever said that youth and talent were no match for age and treachery was wrong.
But I still love the game!!