Mega Man X3 and the C4 Graphics chip

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
Ok... something weird I noticed.... Mega Man X3 on the back of the box talks about the cart being 16 meg and having a C4 graphics chip. What is this chip they are talking about?

Did it do anything? or was it all just hype?

Post it up if you know :)

BV :hat

Blue,

C4 chip: A chip created by Capcom. This chip was used to handle the wireframe effects, perform more general trigonometric calculations, and to help out with sprite positioning and rotation. The chip was used in Mega Man X2 and Mega Man X3.

I got this info from the ever so trusty wikipedia!
Its actually really interesting!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System

That chip actually did a lot.. nice.

we gotta get this site to be as (or more) informative than some of these other sites. This site is growing... but we need to make more content for it.

Bv :hat

I was looking around on wikipedia and clicked on the link for all game consoles and it has sooo much interesting information on consoles i've never even heard of as well as the popular ones!!

Yes! this site would be awesome with some interesting stuff about the obscure things in gaming! like the chips and stuff for snes or the nomad and things of that nature

i love this site i think you makers of it are really awsome and your all doin a great job ive told all my friends that this is one of my favorite forum sites and most of them have checked it out :D hope i help out