snes mods

Joined Nov 2006
289 Posts | 0+
Alabama
any one ever tried to mod the case of the snes. i've never seen one but i've heard of people painting and putting lights on their snes. painting would probably be a good idea on some snes's because of there colors fading. i don't know why it does it but some of them will be the same color as the day it was born and others will be that ugly yelllowish green.

i dont think we're allowed to talk about modding in EGA, but i dont think it should be a problem if it's just case modding.

but yea, it seems cool, iv never seen it done

Well, I know for a fact that modding current gen stuff to play pirated games, games from other systems, etc, is frowned upon because of copyrights, patents, etc. But older cart style stuff is a gray area. Mainly because all you can realy do is mod it to play imports. And patents are no longer an issue, really.

snespad.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: I WANT IT

i thought we could discuss case modding on EGA just not like mod chips and stuff.

Well, I would think even modding chips and stuff in older systems could be discussed because its not like you would really be able to use it for anything but playing games from a different region.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
Well, I would think even modding chips and stuff in older systems could be discussed because its not like you would really be able to use it for anything but playing games from a different region.

exactly

although we are not supposed to discuss modding next gen/current gen stuff, but i wwould really like to have a different case for my 360

Hinesmdc said:
although we are not supposed to discuss modding next gen/current gen stuff, but i wwould really like to have a different case for my 360
I think we can talk about that. Its modding the actually hardware of the 360 that we can't talk about.

Homicidal Cherry53 said:
I think we can talk about that. Its modding the actually hardware of the 360 that we can't talk about.

It's the "illegal" stuff that's frowned upon. If a legitamite company releases something that enhances the setup of a game console, and the console manufacturer isn't pitching a fit, then all is well. But modding a console to play games from another format (PS2 games on an XBox 360, etc) is bad. Because that disregards copyrights, patents, etc.

My SNES was in perfect condition last year when I picked it up from my parents' house. Since then, however, it has discolored and is slightly yellowed at the front (even though it was kept out of direct sunlight) while it is still that classic purple/gray on the rest of the chassis.

Popping some LED style lights into something like an SNES wouldn't be difficult at all. Actually revamping the case would take a little more involved effort.