Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Joined Jan 2008
181 Posts | 0+
Has anyone ever played this game? In my eyes, it's an instant classic. I remember being a wee lad (like..8 years ago, lol) and playing this game. A-MAZ-ING.

Yes I do Bob, in fact, my name on here was once "Ghouls N Ghosts". I am a very hardcore fan of the series and loved the trilogy. First time I played Super GnG was back when I was 11 I believe...about 1992. Still hard as nails.

If you have anything that plays GBA games, there was a re-release of this classic on there, it's actually a bit tougher than the original.

I used to rock on this game. Fun and addicting. Good times. I should bust it out some day...

I'm hoping to get enough points to get it on the Wii.

I enjoyed the game a lot, even though I was pretty bad at it when I was 5 lol.

Great game. I've got Ghosts n Goblins on the NES, Ghouls n' Ghosts on the Genesis, and super ghosts n' goblins on the SNES and GBA. Frustrating game, but a lot of fun and ROI.

Oh yeah, definitely tough. But it wasn't an infuriating tough. It was more like a "oh that sucks, I'll get em next time!" type tough. :lol

Yup. But after beating the game, you definitely have to get them again next time. Besides the Ghost n' Goblins family, I can't think of any other game where you have to beat the game twice in a row to get the ending. That's what is great about the GBA version, you can save the game and come back later. I usually play it on my gamecube player.

My favorite SNES game. got me into the series, I pre-ordered the PSP version and played this til it came out.

Also the Maximo games are great. Pretty much GnG in 3D

Luke said:
Yup. But after beating the game, you definitely have to get them again next time. Besides the Ghost n' Goblins family, I can't think of any other game where you have to beat the game twice in a row to get the ending. That's what is great about the GBA version, you can save the game and come back later. I usually play it on my gamecube player.

How is the GBA version in comparison to the SNES one?

Grindspine said:
How is the GBA version in comparison to the SNES one?

Well the GBA edition is the SNES one...HOWEVER. If you beat each original stage while still equipped with the golden armor, you will advance to the newer stages! Some of the newer stagers were actually brand new or remakes of classic stages from Ghosts N Goblins (Arcade/NES) and Ghouls N Ghosts (Arcade/Sega Genesis)! Which was a really superb addition, but created a greater challenge by far! Which this can be achieved in ADVANCE mode. Original mode offers the straight up SNES classic with nothing extra.

MegaDrive20XX said:
Well the GBA edition is the SNES one...HOWEVER. If you beat each original stage while still equipped with the golden armor, you will advance to the newer stages! Some of the newer stagers were actually brand new or remakes of classic stages from Ghosts N Goblins (Arcade/NES) and Ghouls N Ghosts (Arcade/Sega Genesis)! Which was a really superb addition, but created a greater challenge by far! Which this can be achieved in ADVANCE mode. Original mode offers the straight up SNES classic with nothing extra.
I need to track down that game now.