Mario a star on Hollywood blvd.?

Joined Feb 2005
2 Posts | 0+
Some one just told me there is a petition going around to get Mario a star on Hollywood blvd…. stupid if you ask me, he’s a bit outdated they should get somebody who has done some more recent good games… hell, even the new link would probably be better… just my 2 cents.

welcome to the boards :) we hope you enjoy your stay.

actually... mario would be the MOST worthy character to put there. Why? Mario basically saved the arcade industry back then.

BV :hat

The point of Hollywood Stars though is to recognize classic stars. AKA those who have been around for a long time.

If we were to compare it to actors, who do you think would be more deserving of a star? Someone established, like Tom Hanks, who's made tons of great movies; or some relative newbie, like Tom Welling, who's only contribution so far has been playing Clark Kent on Smallville, and a bit role in Cheaper By the Dozens? This is not to say that Welling is not a good actor (I think he's pretty good), but he's just not as established as Tom Hanks.

So Mario in the video game world = Tom Hanks in the acting world, while most newer video game characters = Tom Welling.

If there's any video game icon more deserving of a star than Mario, it would be Pacman.