Snes starfox and old memories

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
taken from my post in the Gamecube section
You know what I really miss from the original Starfox? The missions in space where you battled inside other space craft.... blew up their core and then flew back out. There was 1 mission in particular you did this 2 or 3 times before flying into the huge boss....and defeating that core.
cool stuff the original one was.

I also liked the original voices. They didn't speak in English... just little blurbs. But slippy didn't sound like a friggin wuss.... well.. as much as now.
I know most people won't agree.. but I cannot stand the vocals in star fox 64, and some in the new starfox for the Gamecube.

I still like going back to the snes starfox.... it is a BLAST to play.

What do you all think?

†B†V† :hat

Oh yes, I loved this game! Nintendo could have just rellied on the polygonal look as a gimick to sell the game, but instead they put a lot of effort into creating one of the best shooters of all time. The stages were all fun to play, but some of the bosses were just so darn fun to fight... Like the dancing spider guy that wouild start spinning and shotting fire at you after yo blew its legs off, good times!

yeah, the new fe/male slippy isn't right. the blurbs were cool. i thought the falco voice was good, but the others lacked a bit.
that spider boss still annoys me from the original, but alas, a really good game
and point taken, i hadn't thought of it, but flying through other ships was really cool to do