Hey BV...

Joined Jun 2004
394 Posts | 0+
Virginia
What's the name of that kit that fixes the blinking blue screen on NES???

the XXX pin replacement? is that it?
*I forget the # of pins.*

†B†V† :hat

I dunno if that's it..u were tellin me about it a while back.

Its some pin replacement or something like that .... and its put into the back of your NES system.... I just wish I could remember the name of it :(

yo! I believe I can get some!

If you want me, let me know :)
I'll try to get one for you.

I have not ever seen an NES system that at one point did not need its cartridges blown. Ahhh...the good old days.

Well BV...I want one...but looks like it'll be after I move and get settled. How much are they???

winter said:
I have not ever seen an NES system that at one point did not need its cartridges blown. Ahhh...the good old days.
you haven't checked out the nes toploaders :)

as for Violatd...... They might be $7-15.... I am not 100% sure, but when you are interested, please LMK and I'll find out!

I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I need one. I'm hopin sooner than later. The blinking is one of the main reasons I don't play my NES.

I am not sure how to install them though...

but from everyone that I know that has put them in their systems.... they said they work great :)

I'm pretty good with electronics...just hope there isn't any soldering. Not too fond of that.

Actually, I owned a top loading NES system at one time. I never had any problems with it. You are correct. If I could find another one of those systems, I would probably buy it if I could find the games in near mint to mint condition.

72 pin ..... There's absolutely no soldering necessary to fix the nintendo. You remove the top part of the case, the rf shielding inside, the motherboard from the bottom of the case, and the old 72 pin connector from the board. The new connector goes in eaasily. all you need is a phillips screwdriver. There's actually a fix for the original gameboy as well that doesn't require soldering, but for almost every other system I've seen the game connector is soldered to the motherboard and is a pain to deal with... stick with the nintendo!

targetrasp said:
72 pin .....   There's absolutely no soldering necessary to fix the nintendo.  You remove the top part of the case, the rf shielding inside, the motherboard from the bottom of the case, and the old 72 pin connector from the board.  The new connector goes in eaasily.  all you need is a phillips screwdriver.   There's actually a fix for the original gameboy as well that doesn't require soldering, but for almost every other system I've seen  the game connector is soldered to the motherboard and is a pain to deal with... stick with the nintendo!

the man of video game knowledge is here!
:lol

no kidding. Targetrasp knows his stuff.

I trailed off answering one of your PMs, I was actually going to say I bet you hear that ALL THE DANG TIME!

winter said:

Yeah, and cartridges for the N64 said something like, blowing into the cartridge can damage it. Times have changed, ecspecially since disks are going to be the common format for a considerable amount of time, unless there is a major breakthrough.