Chrono Trigger for SNES question

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
I currently have Chrono Trigger for PSone, but I have found a copy of Chrono Trigger for SNES. I'm wondering if there's any major differences between the two that would make it worth having both copies. Does anyone know if there are differences? Which version do you prefer, if you've played both?

The only difference is that the PSX has terrible load times and the SNES has none.

Oh and the PSX has the extra anime footage.

Well...I beat chrono trigger on the SNES. I would have to say it is my prefered version. I am iffy though about buying those cartridges now-a-days. Who knows when the battery when run out.

The chrono trigger on psx has some better graphics but like everyone else said the load times are annoying.

Winter, Batteries are easy to replace in game carts, I'd be glad to tell you how to fix it if you need...

Could you PM me the fix? I actually would like to go through Final Fantasy III again and Secret of Mana, but I was worried the batteries would die on me.

targetrasp said:
The chrono trigger on psx has some better graphics but like everyone else said the load times are annoying. 

Winter, Batteries are easy to replace in game carts, I'd be glad to tell you how to fix it if you need...

Mai Valentine said:
I currently have Chrono Trigger for PSone, but I have found a copy of Chrono Trigger for SNES. I'm wondering if there's any major differences between the two that would make it worth having both copies. Does anyone know if there are differences? Which version do you prefer, if you've played both?

:lol

I think I made a jinx topic in the PSX forum :lol

†B†V† :hat

I have both versions, but if you're satisfied with the PSX version (despite the loading), then there isn't enough different to warrent buying the original game. Unless you just want it as say... a collectors item :)

But if someone out there has neither of the games, and can only buy one, then the PSX version is your best bet, since you get Final Fantasy IV with it. Two great games are better than one!