Nintendo - The good, the bad, and the ugly

Joined Jun 2004
3K Posts | 0+
England
This is a pretty good read for any Nintendo fan who remembers the NES. It's a list of old items that you may or may not remember. Check it out, it's pretty funny. But I should warn that there's minor bad language at times, so you can take it off if you like.

I especially like this part (The Mario talking alarm clock)

On a related note, plans for a Ninja Gaiden alarm clock were cancelled when one of the test clocks slit the throat of a kid for "the dishonorable act of not waking up on time."

:lol

I like the cieling fan comment. Something like, This proves Nintendo thought they could sell anything with Mario on it.

NEVER EVER CLEAN your games with rubbing alcohol.
it ruins the metal contacts.

Instead, use the electronics cleaner by Radio Shack.

†B†V† :hat

I just read that whole thing... holy crap :lol

waste of time... slightly funny.

Mild cussing?   Fbomb.... thats not necessarily mild...
BUT... I do have to say... I wish they would have wrote it with the same humor... and less "crappy reference" and cussing... otherwise it would have been great.

I forgot about the mario underwear :lol

who would have worn those?!
and the suspenders?!

Yeah, sorry...I didn't read all of it when I said there was mild cussing, I checked it later and saw it was little worse. Did anyone play the "Kill the dog from Duck Hunt" game? You have no idea how long i've wanted to get that mutt...

I used to joke around with my friends..
I'd be like...... "I shot the dog... he fell into the bush... did you all see that?!"

They'd be like... "NO WAY!" :lol
"Do it again"

I'd be like.... "I am not sure ..... its not working this time... maybe it was something special at that level..."

It was pretty funny.

Be like me and don't miss, and he'll laugh at you a lot less.

That game gets really hard at about round 8. The ducks move like lightning, and you get a lot less leeway (like 1 duck to miss).