Castlevania IV

Hold on, before you start debating Dracula X PC Engine Vs. Dracula X SNES

Here's my two cents

The SNES verison has the BEST remix of the orginal BGM compared to the PCE Verison, sure it's missing alot compared to the powerful brother...like bosses, scenes, and stage design

Yet I still enjoy both verisons regardless of differences...Yet I lean towards the SNES for the Music is enhanced and then for a better gameplay experience, the PCE verison hands down....Yet I still love any CastleVania to this day

MegaDrive20XX said:
Hold on, before you start debating Dracula X PC Engine Vs. Dracula X SNES

Here's my two cents

The SNES verison has the BEST remix of the orginal BGM compared to the PCE Verison, sure it's missing alot compared to the powerful brother...like bosses, scenes, and stage design

Yet I still enjoy both verisons regardless of differences...Yet I lean towards the SNES for the Music is enhanced and then for a better gameplay experience, the PCE verison hands down....Yet I still love any CastleVania to this day

Well..I was talking about the SNES Dracula X..
In my opinion the PCE Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is a thousand times better, even musicaly, I cannot see how you would prefer the SNES sound chip to actual CD audio...?

Dare to compare Dr_Ackula, you'd be surprise what happens when you compare the two. The cartridge pulled a miracle when it came to the BGM

I know the PC Engine verison is beautiful in everywhere, but I felt some of the tracks on the SNES verison was a clean cut remix

Dr_Ackula said:
Well..I was talking about the SNES Dracula X..
In my opinion the PCE Dracula X: Rondo of Blood is a thousand times better, even musicaly, I cannot see how you would prefer the SNES sound chip to actual CD audio...?

The Snes really had good sound... There are many games that sounded wonderful on the system.

Same thing with the N64.... the cart sounded as good to many of its CD counterparts.

I have not played the PCE Dracula X enough to comment on the sound differences though.
So for this game.. I am not sure on that issue.

†B†V† :hat

Don't get me started :lol I'll go BELMONT on ya when it comes to NAMES

Akumajo Dracula (Demon Castle Dracula)

Dracula 2: The Accursed Seal (CastleVania 2: Simon's Quest)

Akumajo Densetsu (Legend of Demon-Castle) (Aka CastleVania 3: Dracula's Curse)

CastleVania Vampire's Kiss (European Dracula X SNES)

CastleVania the New Generation (European CastleVania Bloodlines Genesis)

VAMPIRE KILLER Akumajo Dracula (Japanese CastleVania Bloodlines Genesis)

Akumajo Dracula XX (Japanese Dracula X on Super Famicom)

Haunted Castle (1988 Arcade game)

Legend of Dracula (GameBoy CastleVania Adventure

Legend of Dracula 2 (aka GameBoy CastleVania 2: Belmont's Revenge)

Dracula X: The Rondo of Blood (PC Engine/Turbo Grafx CD)

Akumajou Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight (PSX CastleVania SOTN)

Legend of Dracula: Dark Night Prelude (aka CastleVania Legends for GameBoy Color)

Akumajo Dracula Mokushiroku - Apocalypse (Aka CastleVania 64)

Akumajou Dracula Mokushiroku Gaiden: The Legend of Cornell (Aka CastleVania: Legacy of Darkness n64)

Castlevania Chronicle: Akumajou Dracula (CastleVania Chronicles PSX)

Castlevania: Concerto of the Midnight Sun (aka CastleVania Harmony of Dissonance GBA) <--- this is the first game of the series NOT to be called "Akumajo Dracula"...Japan now sticks to "CastleVania"

Castlevania: Minuet of Dawn (aka CastleVania Aria of Sorrow GBA)

CastleVania PS2 (aka CastleVania Lament of Innocence) <--- odd how the Japanese version has no subtitle...

AND I'm SPENT!! :lol

Megadrive..you have now gained my upmost respect, and I will honor you with the title of Castlevania Fanboy #2.

For you see you missed..
Vampire Killer aka Akumajou Dracula - Demon Castle Dracula(MSX console)
Akumajou Dracula Special: Boku Dracula-kun (Famicon & GB)

Thus making me Castlevania Fanboy #1 here :lol

Oh you mean

Akumajou Dracula Special: Boku Dracula-kun (Famicon & GB) aka....KID DRACULA!? ooooo

and the MSX Home Computer from 1983?? I have no idea what you mean ;) BUT YES I have played Akumajo Dracula...aka the REAL...true blue...CastleVania that started it all! But wait, wasn't it until 1985, when Japan released the MSX 2? Which rightfully was responsible CastleVania ;)

MegaDrive20XX said:
Oh you mean

Akumajou Dracula Special: Boku Dracula-kun (Famicon & GB) aka....KID DRACULA!? ooooo

and the MSX Home Computer from 1983?? I have no idea what you mean ;) BUT YES I have played Akumajo Dracula...aka the REAL...true blue...CastleVania that started it all! But wait, wasn't it until 1985, when Japan released the MSX 2? Which rightfully was responsible CastleVania ;)

Vampire Killer was released in 1986 on the MSX home computer ..yeah. It was more than just a port of Akumojo Dracula, it was different... check here http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/vkill.htm

There was also Akumojo Dracula on the Sharp x68000 computer in Japan in 1993..it was later redone and re-released on the PS1 as Castlevania Chronicles.

And yeah Akumajou Dracula Special: Boku Dracula-kun was called Kid Dracula in US. Its still considered a Castlevania game, along with a few other parodies released on Famicom and GB.

Like Kid Dracula's Cameo in the 2nd Parodius game? :)

Sharp X68K was golden....ever see Final Fight on that baby? phew nice

I love how old school some of those graphics are.

vkill-1.gif

I'm assuming that it's 8-bit, but, it has that really clean mid-80's computer look to it. Awesomeness!