SNES Mod...

Joined Jun 2004
283 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
I remember there being a way to modify your SNES so that it could play Super Famicom games. All you had to do was saw off a piece of plastic or something inside the system so that the Sfamicom carts would fit.

Anybody remember this? If so, do you remember how to do it? Have you done it?

basically... you have to cut the Japanese cart.
I should get a scan of it... I have a cart like that right now.

You have to cut the holes as the US snes games have... and the Sfam games work instantly on the US snes.

No modifications needed :)

†B†V† :hat

ahh...o.k.:) Yea...let me know how to do that. I would rather mod the carts themselves then to buy a japanese system. At this point, I already (one of the pending) have two SNES systems.hehe.

Welp...I modded my SNES. There are two plastic pieces inside the system that prevent Super Famicom games from going into the slot. I took some plyers and pulled them both off. Then I sanded them down.

No more plastic, no more lockout! Or at least, that is the idea. I still need a Super Famicom cartridge to test it.

::) @ Link

That is a fine solution as well Winter. Its not that hard to do.
In fact, that is better than cutting the back of the carts.

Either method will work... I have a couple Super Famicom carts if you want.... Bombuzal and 2020 super baseball.... I think 1 is cut in the back though.

Anyway.... I think I am going to transfer this to the snes section :)
Good topic.

†B†V† :hat

Emulators are not supported on this website.

The SNES mod is really simple. It will not damage your system, and it only takes about 30 minutes.

Besides, SNES systems are majorly cheap. I have two of them. One modded and the other unmodded (for that pristine feel).

Just get a cheap 20 dollars SNES and mod it. No big deal.

Just remember, when you use emulators you take away business from Game Addiction!

Oh and dave. I plan on picking up one of those games on Friday when I get paid again. I can take advantage of my store credit.:) Will you use my store credit as a down payment and hold bombuzal (that is a Super Famicom cart right?) till friday for me?

Thanks,

Lesley