Revisiting Dragon Warrior...

Joined Aug 2004
170 Posts | 0+
Missouri
I decided to give this game a play today, since it has been a very long time since I had, and it made me laugh a lot to see how primative it is compared to newer RPGs. I had forgotten you had to use a pop up menu every time you wanted to talk to someone, open a door, or even go up stairs.

I have to admit that the game still is very adictive and fun to play to this very day though. And there is nothing like having to level up your character just so you will be strong enough to defeat the monsters between the first castle and the second. I think I may actually try and beat the game... it will probably take me a long time though, as most of my "free time" is spent... doing absolutely nothing!

A few years ago I tried to go back to the original installment of Dragon Warrior. Sure, it was a great game at the time, the pace is EXTREMELY slow by today's standards though.

Good luck fighting all of the Goldmen and Metal Slime you can find!!

I played Dragon Warrior once but couldn't understand
RPG games back then but I do now. :lol :woot

I just got the game boy port of I & II, and I'll probably start playing them soon (since the original cartridges start to not save games or lose their saves in some instances). Does anyone know about how long average time to go through it is?