Cancelled/Unreleased games you would have liked

Joined Jul 2009
2K Posts | 0+
California
Oh I have a couple.

Propeller Arena - Dreamcast: This game is loads of fun! I wish it got a real release complete with online like they planned.

Castlevania Resurrection - Dreamcast

Gunvalkyrie - Dreamcast: Xbox one is cool but playing it with a DC controller and a lightgun at the same time would have been awesome!

Half-Life - Dreamcast

Maximo 3 - PS2

River City Ransom 2 - GBA: Was in the works, creator cancelled it when he found out River City Ransom EX was coming out.

So how about everyone else? Any games you would have liked? :)

Maximo 3 was in the works?? I wanna learn more!

Half-Life on DC was finished, but released secretly sadly thanks to a 3rd party.

I still want that second Shadowgate game for the N64!!!

Possession when i first read about it i'm like OMG ::D my dream zombie game but then no news came for a few months and then years so ive pretty much given up on that game.

Strubes said:
Sonic Adventure 3 on the Dreamcast.

though I kind of agree with this... it would probably be as bad as recent 3D sonic games... and the only good thing about it would be its title XD.

well i would LOVE for square-enix to release Sigma Harmonics here in America but it doesn't seem that is going to happen soon

Snatcher_L said:
Castlevania Resurrection - Dreamcast

I had never heard of that before. What was it supposed to be like?

River City Ransom 2 - GBA: Was in the works, creator cancelled it when he found out River City Ransom EX was coming out.

River City Ransom was probably one of the most underrated games for the NES. It was just so addictively fun!

I really do wish that Starcraft Ghost had come out for Xbox.

Duke Nukem Forever sounded like it was going to be a win 'til it was nixxed.

Aliens: Colonial Marines. Been waiting for it since it was announced on PS2. Since AvP is average at best, looks like I am still waiting...

@ Grind, CastleVania Resurrection was just like CastleVania 64, except you play as Sophia Belmont from CastleVania Legends from the GameBoyColor. It was pretty much a beta-test for CastleVania Lament of Innocence PS2. They scraped the idea because the gameplay and character movement was too much like CastleVania 64.

Zidart said:
though I kind of agree with this... it would probably be as bad as recent 3D sonic games... and the only good thing about it would be its title XD.

well i would LOVE for square-enix to release Sigma Harmonics here in America but it doesn't seem that is going to happen soon

Not if done on the Dreamcast, since Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were great, and critically acclaimed! :D

MegaDrive20XX said:
@ Grind, CastleVania Resurrection was just like CastleVania 64, except you play as Sophia Belmont from CastleVania Legends from the GameBoyColor. It was pretty much a beta-test for CastleVania Lament of Innocence PS2. They scraped the idea because the gameplay and character movement was too much like CastleVania 64.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the reason.

Also here's a site with some info on it if anyone is interested :)
http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/2/canceled-page1.htm

GamingMaiden said:
KoTOR 3 by BioWare. A MMO is cool and all but come on! More Carth please! :(

Yea no crap huh! I can't believe it has not happened considering the popularity of the 1st one.

All the following of my most wanted would have been on the Dreamcast, and my first and most obvious one is..

Shenmue III
Sega Super GT aka SCUD RACE
GunValkyrie
Jet Set Radio 2
Air Nights...
Daytons USA 2
HellGate

I would have loved for Sega to have continued with the DC, ah well :-(

Grindspine said:
Duke Nukem Forever sounded like it was going to be a win 'til it was nixxed.

Oh it's alive. Coming out next year even.

Ravenblade on the Gamecube looked like it was going to be an awesome answer to the PS2's Onimusha... never happened.

Star Wars Battlefront 2. Like, my God, somebody please make this game already. Try and not sell more than a million copies once it's released. I dare you.