Claymore discussion

Joyling said:
I finished 5 last night and I might have time to get through 6 before I go in to work. Maybe. We'll see. ^_^

God it's so awesome. Very very gory but so cool.

Kind of sad about Priscilla - I didn't see that coming. I liked her. This manga makes me afraid to get attached to any of the characters. ><

You mean you're sad that Priscilla awakened, or that she killed Teresa? Awakened Priscilla is still floating around in the manga.

Mai Valentine said:
You mean you're sad that Priscilla awakened, or that she killed Teresa? Awakened Priscilla is still floating around in the manga.
The first time I was so shocked in Claymore was Teresa's death. That was pretty sad for me. >.<

Book 5:
Well it showed me not to get too attached to the characters ... I've thought Claire was toast a few times now, even though she is the main character. After seeing Theresa get killed nothing would surprise me, this book really goes for the throat - it's almost like Joss Whedon wrote it LOL. Deneve surprised the crap out of me by not dying against the male Awakened One.

Book 7:
Love love LOVE Ophelia's reaction to her reflection. So awesome.

The US manga is only up to Volume 12, which ends with chapter 69.

So after you finish that, here's the rest, starting with Chapter 70.

Chapter 84 should actually be up pretty soon.

Joyling, you get to meet Riful soon. How exciting! XD!

Joyling said:
Book 5:
Well it showed me not to get too attached to the characters ... I've thought Claire was toast a few times now, even though she is the main character. After seeing Theresa get killed nothing would surprise me, this book really goes for the throat - it's almost like Joss Whedon wrote it LOL. Deneve surprised the crap out of me by not dying against the male Awakened One.

Book 7:
Love love LOVE Ophelia's reaction to her reflection. So awesome.
Man, no kidding. :lol Teresa's death was a tremendous loss. >_< The fight between Ophelia and Clare reminded me of Elfen Lied...hehe.

How old is Raki compared to Clare?

I was wondering that myself. It would be hard to place her age because they don't specifically state how long ago the flashback was, and Claymores don't age once they reach maturity.

Hmm...that's true. Also, has anyone known how the monster flesh and blood gets into their bodies?
or in Clare's case, Teresa's flesh and blood
I was kinda curious about that. And why it changes their hair color. And also (I have alot more questions than usual! XD) how can they become defensive and offensive Claymores? Does it correspond with their techniques?

The difference between Offensive Claymores and Defensive Claymores arises when they are first created.

Offensive Claymores think about being strong enough to defeat opponents.

Defensive Claymores think about being strong enough to survive.

Ophelia explains it to Clare in one of the chapters.

Ok so I finally have some information on the English dub VAs, courtesy of Wikipedia.

Clare: Stephanie Young
Raki: Tdd Kaberkorn
Teresa: Christine Auten

To be honest, I've never heard the VAs for Clare and Raki, so I hope they do a good job. Especially Clare's VA, given that she's the main character.

Christine Auten, however, I've heard, and I am a fan. She did a great job as Limelda Jorg in the Madlax English dub. I'm pretty confident she'll do Teresa justice.

No listed VAs for any of the other characters yet, however.

I'm wary for the other VA. I'm worried the most for when Ophelia comes. XD I'm looking forward to this! ^__^

Yeah, I can't wait
for them to meet up again

But I wonder, under what circumstances will that happen?

The most interesting theory I've seen so far, after chapter 84 was posted, is the that Priscilla is going to somehow end up saving Clare, Yuma, and Cynthia from Riful and/or Raciella. Wouldn't that be awkward? :lol Raki never knew about Teresa, so he wouldn't understand.

Book 10:
OMFG they just killed like 4 really awesome characters in like 5 pages.

I keep telling myself not to get attached to anyone ... but I do ....

I saw a clip of the first 30 seconds (or so..) of the Japanese to the English. I liked the music in the japanese version better... :/

I have this feeling that Claymore is going to have such an epic ending. I can't wait.

I really think Clare and Priscilla will end up fighting each other. The mangaka set it up so well in the Teresa of the Faint Smile arc that I don't know how any other ending would work.

Mai Valentine said:
I have this feeling that Claymore is going to have such an epic ending. I can't wait.

I really think Clare and Priscilla will end up fighting each other. The mangaka set it up so well in the Teresa of the Faint Smile arc that I don't know how any other ending would work.
So true. :lol It'd be cool to see
Almost Yoma Clare beat her and in some way big giant tall big Raki comes in and finishes her off. XD
I didn't put alot of thought into this because Raki is a very likable character... :lol