Zelda

The midevil settings getting old imo. I just want to change it up a bit. Hell, underwater would be fine with me at this point.

Boom$ickle said:
The midevil settings getting old imo. I just want to change it up a bit. Hell, underwater would be fine with me at this point.

ten bucks says theres gonna be like 20 new underwater games (that suck) just because of bioshock

Jack said:
Part of what makes Zelda what it is, is the fact that's set in more of a medieval theme with magic and swords. Not futuristic weaponry. You'll find that in the Star Trek department.
Warp 6 Lt. Sparrow...engage.

Boom, just because the settings getting old doesn't mean we should make it about moon whales fighting space ships...

Boom$ickle said:

I guess you didn't play Wind Waker, then. In WW Hyrule was under water!

Boom$ickle said:
Like when you go underwater in Wind Waker? Damn, Mai said it already! It's set in medieval times, not area. It's got Hyrule, the Great Sea, the part of the Great Sea that's past the original Great Sea, Termina, the Sacred Realm/Dark World, Labrynna, Holodrum, and Koholint Island. Not to mention, there's about ten different Hyrules.

yeah i got to say windwaker and ocarina are the best great combo of the two i think love the series and twighlight princess was amazing but short.

allseeingeye said:
it was not long ocarnina was alot longer.
37 hours is longer than OoT by a landslide. You probably played OoT as your first Zelda and just sucked at it.

Whoa. This thread seems to contain a lot of Opposite opinions...

So, I guess I will add mine. All Zelda games rock, and all people who like Zelda are extra cool. There. ::D ;)

Boom$ickle said:
I for one think we need a futuristic zelda

Makes perfect sense because Link is reincarnated in many different times and places as The Hero of Time. Completely logical next step, and I'm sure plenty of folks would cry foul, but do we really need yet another medieval adventure?

BTW, Wind Waker is my favorite of the series because it shook things up with the new graphics style and nautical setting. Change is good.

FrakAttack said:
Makes perfect sense because Link is reincarnated in many different times and places as The Hero of Time. Completely logical next step, and I'm sure plenty of folks would cry foul, but do we really need yet another medieval adventure?

BTW, Wind Waker is my favorite of the series because it shook things up with the new graphics style and nautical setting. Change is good.
*facepalm* Zelda will not be futuristic. Half of you are on something. Miyamoto made Zelda because it was his little fantasy during the periods where he would explore the woods(nature) around his house, not Tokyo City. Zelda is going to remain medieval, that's how it started, it's how it should be, it's how Miyamoto intended it.

fhqwhgads said:
*facepalm* Zelda will not be futuristic. Half of you are on something. Miyamoto made Zelda because it was his little fantasy during the periods where he would explore the woods(nature) around his house, not Tokyo City. Zelda is going to remain medieval, that's how it started, it's how it should be, it's how Miyamoto intended it.

I agree that Zelda will always be in a medieval setting. I like it that way...everything is awesome looking from that time period..very beautiful and peaceful and woods feel fresh and stuff. It is just perfect the way it is...tyhe way Zelda has been all along is just perfect.

fhqwhgads said:
Above all, it's a natural world, not "Zomg Link, save the world from the Dark King Global Warming!"

Wouldn't mind seeing Link square off against ManBearPig. I'm super serial!

There should be some way to make it fresh while keeping a Zelda feel. Like Super Mario Galaxy is different from other Marios, but at its core it's still Mario.