Doom 3

My uncle has it, but I could never get into it. Overly complicated, IMO. I could never figure out where to go.

Been working with the dev kit and I must say that Doom 3 didn't show the true potential of the Engine it did show how good shadows looked though XD

Well, they couldn't really explore the whole engine on a single xbox, so they did what they could.

Again, they did what they could to make the game affordable, or more so a PC that could play it at the time affordable.

Hinesmdc said:
Again, they did what they could to make the game affordable, or more so a PC that could play it at the time affordable.

All Im saying is that most of the time you were in shadows it couldve looked a whole look nicer and still be affordable

I'm not scared of it anymore it's just that I got stuck at an area that's probablyeasy to get out of. :lol

Fr0dus Maximus said:
Even on the PC it was the same.

Actually, the game looks a bit better on the PC.

All in all, the game is a better experience on the PC. I liked the Xbox port though.
Hinesmdc said:
My uncle has it, but I could never get into it. Overly complicated, IMO. I could never figure out where to go.

Yeah, it had it's times where you just want to slam the controller. Like when you have to find PDA's that are in near impossible spots that you would never think of. Other than the ocassional stumper, it was a great experience overall. You should check out the expansion pack, Ressurection of Evil.

I think this game is best played in the dark while home alone with all your doors unlocked and windows open, this game is scary

agreed... I really donno how Quake 4 made it to the 360 but DOOM3 didnt... dont they have the same Graphics engine ?

vegeta999 said:
agreed... I really donno how Quake 4 made it to the 360 but DOOM3 didnt... dont they have the same Graphics engine ?
I think they do, but they just used software emulation to make the Xbox version playable on the 360 so there was no need to release a port.

I think it's good enough. I don't see a reason why it would be remade for the 360 since it's still a somewhat recent game, with it's release being in 2004 or 2005...

Sadly no, but you can play DOOM 3 from the original Xbox on the Xbox 360. The truth is, DOOM 3 didn't fetch a good profit for id software. DOOM 4 is on the horizon however.

I ended up playing this again. I love this game so much. But I have the Collector's edition! It has Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 and G4 Game Icon's episode with id software. Really awesome stuff. :D

Friend of mine has that too! We spent an entire night doing four player co-op on Doom 1 !! :lol

I hate Doom 3 not being split screen. I wish more games nowadays were split screen.... :( Online play just...costs way more than getting another controller or something. :lol