Sega Dreamcast essential Dreamcast games?

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
What games for the Dreamcast would you consider essential?

I think for starters, Soul Caliber and Skies of Arcadia are must-haves.

In addition to your's, I'd add Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

If the system were still online, then Phantasy Star Online and Alien Front Online would be definite "must haves."

Rez, Mars Matrix, Capcom VS SNK 2, Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, Shenmue, Garou MOTW, CannonSpike, and last but not least Seaman.

I would consider Marvel vs Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Grandia II, Crazy Taxi, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Those would be all the games that I need to be happy with my Dreamcast console. :D

Dr_Ackula, why would you consider Shenmue essential? I found that game crappy, but did have some pretty amazing graphics for Dreamcast.

mars matrix, giga wing 2, last blade, (maybe 2 as well), phantasy star online 1 & 2, virtua tennis is a must have, and I know there is more....

Bluevoodu said:
mars matrix, giga wing 2, last blade, (maybe 2 as well), phantasy star online 1 & 2, virtua tennis is a must have, and I know there is more....
Omfg! Phantasy Star sucks! I hate that game! Was totally confusing to me, felt like I was in a maze the entire time when I was playing it. :mad:

Royce Da 5 9 said:
I would consider Marvel vs Capcom 2, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Grandia II, Crazy Taxi, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica. Those would be all the games that I need to be happy with my Dreamcast console. :D

Dr_Ackula, why would you consider Shenmue essential? I found that game crappy, but did have some pretty amazing graphics for Dreamcast.

Hmm. Its just a really fun game for me, I like a good story, and it delivered. It was also a pretty groundbreaking game for its time, and I have never seen anything else like it, other than the sequel. I like originality.

Royce Da 5 9 said:
Omfg! Phantasy Star sucks! I hate that game! Was totally confusing to me, felt like I was in a maze the entire time when I was playing it.  :mad:
hm.... I liked it on the Gamecube :lol

you really didn't like it that much?

†B†V† :hat

Dr_Ackula said:
Hmm. Its just a really fun game for me, I like a good story, and it delivered. It was also a pretty groundbreaking game for its time, and I have never seen anything else like it, other than the sequel. I like originality.
Oh really? I played it and found it boring, I think it was boring because I got stuck in the first part of the game and didn't know wtf was going on. :lol

Bluevoodu said:
hm.... I liked it on the Gamecube :lol

you really didn't like it that much?

†B†V† :hat
Oh so you were referring to the Gamecube verison? Yes I hated it on Dreamcast, it was just confusing to me with all the running around in a circle and having to beat a certain amount of enemies just to past one area. :mad:

ugh. mvc2 alright, but cvs2? never with that controller. stick, then throw it on. any 2d's on the DC are badarse like 3rd strike and so forth.
project justice, japanese version was a really coo game

Moltar said:
ugh. mvc2 alright, but cvs2? never with that controller. stick, then throw it on. any 2d's on the DC are badarse like 3rd strike and so forth.
project justice, japanese version was a really coo game
I've never got to play Project Justice! I've only played Rival Schools for Playstation and it was awesome! Some of the characters had like the same moves as the Street Fighter charaters. I liked the guy with the long sword with the white hair. He kinda' of reminds me of Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII.

you miss out. he gets a lot cooler in project justice. he goes from hyo in rival schools to demon hyo in project justice. but you need to go strictly with japanese version of project justice just for the board game alone. gamefaqs translates it well enough for ya

Soul Calibur, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Last Blade 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Sonic Adventure, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online Ver. 1 or 2

I had PSO and I didn't like it, just felt so crappy to me.

Yeah all the good fighting games are on Dreamcast, including the perfect port of Soul Calibur.

Johngamer said:
In addition to your's, I'd add Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, and Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

If the system were still online, then Phantasy Star Online and Alien Front Online would be definite "must haves."

Def Code Veronica