Official Recent Game Happenings Thread

mariorulezman said:
I broke skyrim. Dunno how or which mod or what but its definately broke.

But I got to play in the latest ESO beta. I liked it

Try unchecking a few mods in the Data section of the setup screen. Just start with the most recently added. I know if I run a graphics enhancement or fix along with the high-def pack, the game crashes on load.

It's a good idea to only add mods one or two at a time. I try to keep less than ten loaded at a time so I can find out if there is a conflict more easily.
------------------------------------------------

Official game happenings: My Xbox 360 has been set up and Halo 4 is installed! The Prometheans are a pain to kill!

Grindspine said:
Try unchecking a few mods in the Data section of the setup screen. Just start with the most recently added. I know if I run a graphics enhancement or fix along with the high-def pack, the game crashes on load.

It's a good idea to only add mods one or two at a time. I try to keep less than ten loaded at a time so I can find out if there is a conflict more easily.
------------------------------------------------

Fixed it but now it crashes when I enter breezehome.

Been playing a lot of AoE2HD on steam. And FTL as well.

mariorulezman said:
Fixed it but now it crashes when I enter breezehome.

Been playing a lot of AoE2HD on steam. And FTL as well.

Running any Breezehome specific mods?

I know that I run a graphics fix to eliminate the shadow striping sometimes present around the fireplace in Breezehome along with a mod to add an enchanting table to the alchemy room.

I finally started playing skyrim after I purchased it almost a year ago and barely turned it on. After 4 hours of walking back and forth I realized you can fast travel. I was so pissed at the amount of time it took me to realize you could fast travel I spewed some cuss words and turned the game off in disgust.

also playing

shinning force
saints row 4

Splitting my time between some games that I received for Christmas. Now playing,
Animal Crossing: New leaf
Zoo Keeper
Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates
Skylanders Giants
The Legend of Kage 2

One of these games will win all of my Holiday time. Not sure which at this point.

Nice ones, Retro! What do you think of Animal Crossing?

Currently I am still playing Final Fantasy 7. Disc 2 and about 70 hours in. It's weird how I both love and loathe this game at different times. After this I'm gonna start up Twilight Princess for Gamecube since I finally scored a copy for less than $50.

I think I saw ring of fate somewhere for a reasonable price. I didn't pick it up because 1. steam holiday sale and 2. I didn't even know it existed. Is it good

I just started playing terraria and have forsaken all other games. I originally bought it when it was relatively new and played it for a few minutes and thought it was terrible. For some strange reason I picked it up after I bought almost 15 games from steam sale and haven't touch another game since. I"m addicted.

x2 said:
Nice ones, Retro! What do you think of Animal Crossing?

Currently I am still playing Final Fantasy 7. Disc 2 and about 70 hours in. It's weird how I both love and loathe this game at different times.
Animal Crossing for me is very addicting and I am referring to my DS version of the game. I seemed to not get into the Gamecube version and I think it is because the DS one, being that it is portable, is so conveniently accessible. The New Leaf 3DS version has a different take on the gameplay with you being the Mayor of the town, mine being Barsoom. Not sure how I am going to like that, but we will see, might be just as addictive. There are also other added improvements. But I am glad they did try something different rather than giving me the same game, so to speak. I just wished they would incorporate the collecting of NES games as they did in the Gamecube game. You could really play the games you collected, the original NES games, loved it!
I could never get into FF 7 for some reason, and I always wondered what the hype was all about. Glad you are enjoying that one.

targetrasp said:
I think I saw ring of fate somewhere for a reasonable price. I didn't pick it up because 1. steam holiday sale and 2. I didn't even know it existed. Is it good
I started playing without reading the booklet. Played about 4 hours into the game, thought I was saving by just going up and touching the crystal in those areas! Baddddd assumption! Other than that incredible display of Holiday dumbness, I am enjoying what I have played so far. It is an Action Real-time-combat RPG, which I enjoy as a break from the turn-based RPGs. I haven't gotten too far into the game yet, I have just recovered what I have lost. But from what I have played so far, I will probably settle in and get into this game. Story, combat, graphics, music, have been put together well and have hooked me even though I have only started the game. That is a good sign. It will stay in my DSi XL, not to be removed. I think I have seen this game used at Gamestop for around $6.99.

Right now I have assigned my portables as the following,
3DS= New Leaf & Skylanders Gaints
DSi XL= FF: Ring of Fates
DSi= The Legend of Kage 2 ( I carry this unit with me in my cargo trouser pocket)

And my wife gave me a DS lite for Christmas which completes my collections of the DS line. She got it at an indoor flea market and it is in mint condition. I mean it looks new, untouched, never been kissed condition. I could not believe her find out-in-the-wild, $60 with a case and four games. I have assigned Zoo Keeper to this unit. And about that complete DS collection, I just remembered the 2DS, still don't have that one.

This weekend; I played some more of Call of Duty: Ghosts, beat Halo 3's campaign, and bought Black Ops II on Steam.

Now it's time to play some more Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday on PSP!

Started playing Half-Life series, as is my yearly tradition, as well as some Starbound and AoE 2 with a friend.

Grindspine said:
Running any Breezehome specific mods?

I know that I run a graphics fix to eliminate the shadow striping sometimes present around the fireplace in Breezehome along with a mod to add an enchanting table to the alchemy room.

I think I have the shadow striping fix mod. Maybe that's whats causing it. I'll have to check that out.

I've been pretty much just playing FFXIV. I have my main job, summoner, at 50, along with black mage. I'm working right now on getting bard to 50. I've also been learning to tank a little. Definitely one of the harder jobs to do well in the game.

I am trying to decide whether I want to spend the day playing Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Last of Us, Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, or use my Xbox Live Gold trial for some Halo action... Such a hard decision! (#1st world problems)

Grindspine said:
I am trying to decide whether I want to spend the day playing Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Last of Us, Parasite Eve: 3rd Birthday, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm, or use my Xbox Live Gold trial for some Halo action... Such a hard decision! (#1st world problems)

Counter Strike is the only game I've had time to play since tuesday. So Counter Strike.

Global Offensive. I just got the bravo pass and trying to play some DM to get the layout of the maps before I try to go in casual then competitive.

Started a game of starbound - I must say for an early access its pretty polished. The multi player is painful unless you use hamachi or have a keen understanding of port forwarding but same as with terraria.

I think i'm getting on the pixellated sandbox platformer a bit late but this game is one of those that'll consume hundreds of hours of my life.

I've just been playing Call of Duty: Ghosts in Squads mode. It feels a lot like Counter-Strike style team elimination with more weapon options, added perks, and larger maps.

Why do I find myself playing Zoo Keeper every day on my DS lite?? I seem to be soooo addicted to it!!!! Can't stop playing. I know it is a sort-of bejeweled clone, but it is stuck to my brain. :lol :mad: :lol