Author Topic: Official Recent Game Happenings Thread  (Read 662012 times)

Offline Mai Valentine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Official Recent Game Happenings Thread
« Reply #7725 on: November 12, 2017, 07:09:17 PM »
The Switch finally has a lot of games I'd love to play, but I put off buying it in favor of getting a laptop to replace my computer. On the plus side, I'll be able to play Overwatch on the laptop.

Offline retro junkie

• Night Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Pieces of Me
« Reply #7726 on: Today at 02:05:24 PM »
Okay I am being very thankful for those who take the time to do fan translations of games that did not come to the US but stayed in Japan. I am also being thankful for those who have the ingenuity to produce reproduction carts for retro consoles. For without that I  would not have this English translation of the first Animal Crossing game which initially first appeared on the Nintendo 64.

One quirk that it has, no time clock. I think the chip is missing from the PC board. The game knows that there is something wrong with the clock and warns you. BUt if you are playing it every day, like I am, you can adjust it to the time and date you begin. The game saves with the internal battery, your game,time you stopped, and the date. So really no big deal. Can't really complain with what I got here. It mostly baffles me why Nintendo did not bring this to the US while the N64 was on the shelf. The game was later ported to the Game Cube, so we did get it, just a little late to the party. Cost me only $25 USD.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:06:42 PM by retro junkie »
There is no spoon.

Offline CreepinDeth

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: Today at 02:37:05 PM »
The GC was already set to release that same year, so it made sense that they would skip the N64 to give the GC more titles. Plus it has enhancements. It's cool that you're able to have a cart of it though.