Has anyone seen what the new remodeled Wii's look like?

Joined Jan 2005
18K Posts | 0+
Waco, TX
Let's see they removed the GameCube playback ability, the GameCube controller ports, & the GameCube memory card slots for starters. The Wii Remote now has an external sync button that you can only press with a ball-point pen. The Wii Sensor Bar is completely black with no plastic stand. Speaking of stands, the original vertical stand is no longer included with this. So the Wii must lay flat down now.

For a system that got butchered to death for some of the best features (i.e. using a GameCube controller for Smash Bros. Brawl), shouldn't the price tag be $99 by now?

I haven't seen one yet. But you do make some good points. I really like having the GameCube compatibility on mine. I don't think that I would want the newest model. I use the GameCube controller for a lot of Wii games.

I have a newer one. The sync setup is pretty easy. No need for a ball point pen. The GC ports are indeed gone. Wish Nintendo would have had something in the manual that said so. Mine came with the stand too. It now sits upright, all sexy-like next to the PS2.