Official Wii U Topic

Status
Closed
Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
Since we don't have a Wii U forum, I thought I'd post this topic for now.

How many, if any, of you got a Wii U?

I have mine on layaway so I technically own it, but I won't be picking it up until December. I did it that way so I could spread out the cost. Made it a little easier on the old wallet. ;)

The games I plan on getting are New Super Mario Bros U and ZombiU.

Nintendo Network IDs
aleeock157 = Phoenix2552
Mai Valentine = sharkpedo

I bought one on launch technically for my 5 year old for christmas from santa so I can play it until christmas. It's actually for me but she's game crazy and wants one! I've got Skylanders Giants for it, and will pick up the lego city game and the mario game. I wanted Zombies but it didn't get very good reviews.

I don't have one (yet), but REALLY am impressed by the updated control layout, the pro controller, and the fact that the main controller can be used away from a main TV.

The New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U edition look like awesome games!

I am seriously considering one, but it will be next year. Need to save up my cash for it and a few games when I take the plunge.
Seems to be a lot of bad reviews from major gaming sites. But I think the gaming market has changed a lot in the last few years. And I think that the Wii U has been priced and positioned wisely by Nintendo. In our present economy I don't think a $600 console, even if it is more powerful, would fair very well. Especially with the tablet and iphone gaming environment. I am wondering if it is getting harder to convince your average gamer that they need a new next generation console.

I am looking at the Mario and Rayman games for a first purchase.

targetrasp said:
I bought one on launch technically for my 5 year old for christmas from santa so I can play it until christmas. It's actually for me but she's game crazy and wants one! I've got Skylanders Giants for it, and will pick up the lego city game and the mario game. I wanted Zombies but it didn't get very good reviews.

As far as ZombiU goes, I've heard that the reviews are due to people trying to play it like Left 4 Dead or Dead Island; ie more of an arcade zombie shooter. But ZombiU goes back to real survival horror, with dark environments and limited ammo, among other things. Everyone I know who has actually played it loves it and highly recommends it. :)

a limited resources type game wrapped in arcade shooter's clothing? I don't think I dig that idea.

Mai Valentine said:
As far as ZombiU goes, I've heard that the reviews are due to people trying to play it like Left 4 Dead or Dead Island; ie more of an arcade zombie shooter. But ZombiU goes back to real survival horror, with dark environments and limited ammo, among other things. Everyone I know who has actually played it loves it and highly recommends it. :)

Has anyone else picked up a Wii U?

My Nintendo Network ID is sharkpedo if anyone would like to add me. Just let me know what your Nintendo Network ID is.

I still haven't actually finished any games on it, yet. I did pick up LEGO City Undercover back in March, and it's pretty good.

I do! :D I love my WiiU, even though I mainly use it for netflix/hulu/youtube xD Kinda sad really, but I love how smooth it functions (the 360 apps all crash on me, bunch of tards). I have the Mario game, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for it.

I thiiiink my id is Phoenix2552? Not sure though xD So if you want to add me just let me know what yours is.

I'm pretty sure we've already added each other. :D

The games are slow right now, but I think there will be some good Wii U game announcements from the E3 this year. I'm hoping to get more info on Bayonetta 2 and of course the next Smash Bros game.

I got one. I can't remember what my ID is. Only have a few games for it in Multiplayer. Trine 2...that might actually be it.

So what did fellow Wii U owners think of E3 this year?

The previews for Super Smash look awesome, and I think the Amiibo and Mii Fighters are going to be pretty neat. I can't wait to play and figure out which character will be my main.

Bayonetta 2 is another one I'm looking forward to. And they are going to include the first Bayonetta (with new costumes) if you buy the physical copy.

I've never been a huge Dynasty Warriors fan, but Hyrule Warriors looks amazing!

I think the game that intrigued me the most was Splatoon, though. It's like a shooter but the concept of moving around in the paint and being able to jump instantly to people in your party looks interesting.

If you didn't watch Nintendo's Digital presentation, I highly recommend it.

The games were ok, sony and m$ had a better showing. The Amiibo will be neat if it gets support. I'm too old to collect action figures but if they start spitting Nintendo characters a la skylanders and Disney and make gameplay as interesting as a Nintendo platformer I'll be sold.

Status
Closed