Sega Genesis Rambo - Genesis? Did anyone like it?

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
I am curious.... did anyone like the Rambo Genesis game?

For some reason, I rented this game MANY MANY times.... I simply loved it.

Anyone else?

†B†V† :hat

Of course! Rambo III on Genesis was beautiful, and then knowing that MERCS was released even made it better!

Yes I agree that GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T!

hey.... Nintendo did more than sega :lol

Sega had some decent games though .... I do remember renting a Sega and playing Rambo here and there... along with a few other games.

But I was more talking about Rambo 1... I never did play 3.

Rambo 1 had you using explosives to blow POWs out of the prisons... right?
I hope I am not mistaking 1 game for another.

Original Rambo? That was only on SMS...which plays just like Ikari Warriors.

Rambo 3 was the only Rambo game on Genesis.

the SMS had Rambo III but it was a gun shooter like Operation Wolf

wow... is that good on the SMS?

I always though the SMS was nothing good.... but I only played a few games.
I did enjoy 1 game VERY much. Ghost busters :)

So there was only Rambo 3? Are you sure?
I guess that is what I played then.

yup, only Rambo III was the Genesis

Rambo: The First Blood and Rambo III on SMS was really fun.

SMS wasn't bad, just ignored and barely no support within the USA :)

During the mid-80's....every game company had locked contracts with NOA. NES had 90% of the market, because they said "You program for us or nobody" to each company...Konami..Capcom..Namco..Ultra..Data East..Tengen..etc.

The final 10% of the Market was shared among SMS, Intellivision, and Atari 7800. Each company had hell trying to hold down a company, because everyone was flocking over and getting paid better from Nintendo

Note: these contracts did not apply much for outside the USA, that's why European releases were greater for SMS then the USA.

Did they release Rambo III on the Genny also? I have it for the SMS (As well as Rambo: First Blood Part II).

The Nintendo one sucked though. I picked it up at a used book store for like $2. It made Rambo look like a sissy.

The Sega version is far superior than the NES version.

Dart said:
Did they release Rambo III on the Genny also? I have it for the SMS (As well as Rambo: First Blood Part II).

The Nintendo one sucked though. I picked it up at a used book store for like $2. It made Rambo look like a sissy.

The Sega version is far superior than the NES version.

Only Rambo 3 was on Genesis. Part 2 was just on SMS pretty much. NES version is funnay

Nes version.... :lol

Rambo 3 Genesis .... that game was a lot of fun... a lot of fun indeed.

Hey.. I wonder where Rocky went?

Bv :hat

MegaDrive20XX said:
Only Rambo 3 was on Genesis. Part 2 was just on SMS pretty much. NES version is funnay

I'm hoping that I am reading what you said correctly. Rambo III as in it was only on tne Genny as in no other Rambo series game was on there?? Or Rambo III was only on the Genny and not the SMS. If it's the second one, here's some pics. If not, then here's some pics anyways. :lol

IM000109.jpg

IM000110.jpg

Dart said:
I'm hoping that I am reading what you said correctly.

I answered the guy's question because he asked which Rambo game was on Genesis only.

Seriously, don't do that again Dart. That's pretty rude.

MegaDrive20XX said:
I answered the guy's question because he asked which Rambo game was on Genesis only.

Seriously, don't do that again Dart. That's pretty rude.

Ahh. Gotcha. And me being rude?? :-\

You came off kind of sarcastic/rude. So it was kind of odd, coming from you especially. I couldn't tell if you were being serious or just mean.

MegaDrive20XX said:
You came off kind of sarcastic/rude. So it was kind of odd, coming from you especially. I couldn't tell if you were being serious or just mean.

Nah, I wasn't trying to be mean or rude at all. In fact, as I was writing the post, I was questioning myself. I wasn't clear on the conversation. But since I took pics, I ran with it anyway.

I guess for future reference, I come here to have fun, yack it up about a hobby that I absolutely have fun with, and generally have a good time. Just like in my day-to-day life. Enemies are easy enough to make as it is. So if I came off that way, then I appologize. I never intended to ruffle any feathers at all.

Oh okay that makes perfect sense to me :) I must admit, it's getting harder for me with the other forums that I visit, to tell the difference. Oh well, no harm done :)

A side note. Hey BV!! That's what a Sega Master System cart looks like!! You should stock a bunch in your store, and I will buy them because I no longer have a local contact. I need my Master System fix!! ::D