Sega Saturn Saturn load sceen

Joined Oct 2005
1K Posts | 1+
Washington
Which initial load screen(The one you see right when you turn on the saturn) do you prefer...The US version,or the JAP version?
I much prefer the JAP version..the logo is cooler,and the music is better :)

I've never seen the Jpn one. So I guess I like the U.S version.

Yo I wanna see a comparison photo. I have a US Saturn so I've only seen that one. Can you come up with a Japan Saturn Load Screenshot?

I think the screens themselves are pretty close...but the music of the JAP is what makes it the winner in my book

Japanese of course, the music is very "mystical" so to speak. US sounds more like a cat having a heart attack :(

What about the sound that is made when you open the Saturn?The US version is almost startling...the JAP version is enjoyable

I would have never though that the load screen on my Saturn sounded like a cat having a heart attack. But I guess that's just me...

guitarwizard said:
What about the sound that is made when you open the Saturn?The US version is almost startling...the JAP version is enjoyable

Japanese "Tray Open" is delightful...the US is scary :(

Erk.. The Sega Saturn load screen (startup with the whirling particles that form in to the Saturn logo) is the absolute awesome. It's the best system startup screen that has ever been designed. I'm also talking about the United States one, too.

Tommy V said:
OK yeah I recognize that. The Japanese Saturn Logo is much cooler than the US one. The Japanese always get the cooler stuff. :D

Not true, just look at their Sega CD loading screen :)