Sega Genesis There has to be more genesis fans here...

Joined May 2004
13K Posts | 1+
Indiana
The snes section is killing this section. I mean... it used to be the Genesis Versus the Super Nintendo :)

Where'd all the Genesis fans go?

†B†V† :hat

Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast and Columns are the only games I even remember from the Genesis.

The Genesis had some great games, for sure. But I think most of the people that came here from the Ezboard are Nintendo fans.

Grindspine said:
Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast and Columns are the only games I even remember from the Genesis.

Same here, and Golden Axe.

To me, I just don't have as many memories with the Genesis as I did with the SNES. Only from playing it round friends houses, and it still didn't seem as good as SNES was.

I've actually only had a Genesis for about a year, but I've played a lot of Sonic 2, Vectorman, and Rock and Roll Racing (great game). Sonic 2 is just... classic in every sense of the word. I can't get enough of that game.

Ok..I'm gonna champion the md..as its awesome.

reasons to own and md (as opposed to a snes)

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Revenge of Shinobi
Sonic 2/3

The Sega CD

The 32x

....and that's just for starters!

Come on you md fans...lets get this going!

My dad and I were a "Sega Family" for real. We both got our own Master Systems for Christmas, I must have been 11 then. Naturally, when the Genesis came out my dad was all over that. The first game we got was Ghouls and Ghosts, which I loved. As a teenager I rented most of my games though, and at some point I must have sold my Genesis, so there's no collection anymore.

I did get a Nomad when Toys R Us was clearing them out back in '96 I think. I also found a boxed Phantasy Star IV in the Babbage's used bin, I was in heaven for awhile. I've been meaning to get back into collecting Genesis stuff, but it would be tough. I don't prefer buying cart-only games, and finding boxed Genesis stuff is hard these days. If I could find a nice Nomad package with 5-10 complete games in the $200 price range I would probably bite on it. I miss the 16-bit days..

My favorite Genny games:

ESWAT
Ghouls and Ghosts
Landstalker
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star IV
Shining Force
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage
Streets of Rage 2

Memories.. :'(

Ok, here we go...time to speak my true colors:

Ghouls N' Ghosts
Streets of Rage/Bare Knuckle 1-2-3
Street Fighter 2 Special Champion Edition (Hey the controller is better and plus that's two games in one cart)
CASTLEVANIA BLOODLINES!  :D How could you all leave that beautiful game behind?!? (aka VAMPIRE KILLER)
Contra Hard Corps  :woot
TMNT Hyperstone Heist <--- sooo much fun
Rocket Knight Adventures  :hat
Sparkster: Rocket Knight Adventures 2
ThunderForce 2-3 and 4!
Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 3
Sonic and Knuckles
Sonic 3D Blast
Sonic Spinball
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
Altered Beast
Golden Axe I and II (Import part 3 please, it's very good)
Space Harrier II
Revenge of Shinobi/ Super Shinobi
Shinobi III/Super Shinobi II
Alex the Kidd in The Enchanted Castle
Mickey Mouse in "Castle of Illusion"
Mickey Mania
Quackshot
Phantasy Star II and IV
Shining Force I and II
Kid Chameleon
Columns (I get so lost in that beautiful game..the music just sucks me in)
Earthworm Jim
PulseMan (Import only, but GOD IT'S GOOD!)
Rock Man in Mega World/Mega Man in Wily Wars (Yeah I owned it, it was beautiful and awesome remake, cost me $65, but hell ya)
Maximum Carnage
Gauntlet IV <--  perfect port
Samurai Spirits/Shodown <--- I perfer this one alot over SNES because of the control schemes and the characters are larger in sprites
Shadow Dancer: The Secret of Shinobi
SPLATTER HOUSE 2 and 3! Omg How can you forget this awesome title!??
Stirder and Strider 2 ROCK!!!
Alien 3 <-- much better then the SNES verison
Disney's Aladdin
Double Dragon <-- nice early release port
Dragon Ball Z: Buyuu Retsuden (Hey I dont like the cartoon, but the original 16-bit fighters were cool WAY before the cartoon was americanized)
Ecco the Dolphin 1 and 2 woot!
Crusader of Centy <--- Sega's clone of Zelda LttP, and its a GREAT game!
Spider Man
Spider-Man & Venom: Separation Anxiety
X-men 1 and 2 woot!

I probably missed a few, but that's all the favorites I have  :D

Don't forget

Pengu
Snow Bros
Panorama Cotton
Musha Aleste
Axis
Arcus Odyssey
Eliminate Down
Slap Fight
Alien Soldier
Dynamite Headdy
Double Dragon 2
Thundeforce 2 3 4
Langrisser 1& 2 (Warsong)
Monster World IV
Rolling Thunder 2 3
Comix Zone
Alicia dragoon

I could go on and on and on and on............................

If you love Genesis FF7 Master...if you love sega....then come on down to my site

www.sega-spetsnaz.com live the dream....be the Sega...

I used to play Sonic all the time on the Genesis (at my grandpas when i was younger), i loved it..................i occasionally played monopoly too :p

Actually I have a genesis with X-men 2 that I just bought. But I need to buy the six button controller to play it though. I also have one of those little retro gaming machines that they sell at toys r us that have six Genesis games in one. It has Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe and some other games.