Good inexpensive games...

Joined Jun 2004
283 Posts | 0+
Gainesville, FL
As all of you know, Samurai Shodown II is my favorite Neogeo game. So far, I just have not found another game that I enjoy as much. I know that Dave has also suggested Samurai Shodown, but is Samurai Shodown 1 different enough from Samurai Shodown II to warrant the purchase?

Also, are there any other inexpensive Neogeo games that are must owns? I mean, that are so good that you just have to have in your collection?

on the Neo CD.... Windjammers is inexpensive... small loads, and well...... one of my MOST played games :)

AES side... its a more expensive game, unfortunately.

samurai Shodown 1 is different from 2 in stages, some characters..etc. The music is beautifully done in #1. I am not sure why, but the music is MUCH better in 1 than in 2. Most people won't notice a large difference, but I LOVE the music in ss1.

I'll try to post up some other decently cheap games that are great :)

BV :hat

i'm not too sure what you call cheap.....

but KOF 96 can be had for under $80 usually and its a must-have in my book

Fatal Fury Special...very cheap sometimes around $20-$25

League Bowling...KOF 94....KOF 95 ..World Heroes 2... All cheapies and well worth owning

Also Art of Fighting 1 + 2 can be had for under $50 ...great games imho

theres more...I just cannot think off the top of my head..

You can find a lot of games for under the $100.00 mark. All the Fatal Fury games are good. All the Samurai Showdown games 1-3 can be had for under this price. Most of the KOF games can also. Then you have Cyber Lip, Sengoku, Top Players Golf, Magician Lord, Robo Army, Burning Fight, etc.

GAMEFAN

Bluevoodu said:
on the Neo CD.... Windjammers is inexpensive... small loads, and well...... one of my MOST played games :)

Windjammers is awesome. It's the main game in my MVS unit.

I'm not sure what you like, but here are some of my Favorites!!

inexpensive:
NAM 1975
Super Sidekicks 2*
Baseball Stars 2*
Fatal Fury 2*
Robo Army*
Ghost Pilots
Magician Lord

one's that are a little more expensive:
Metal Slug 3*
Last Blade*
KOF 98*
Last Resort
Windjammers*

(Instead of putting the games in alphabetical order, I put them in buy-me-first order).
*Almost all the Neo Geo games are 2-player, but these games are a lot funner with 2 players.