Its Almost Here!

Joined Jun 2004
5K Posts | 0+
North America
Yes, that's right, in less than a week Conker: Live and Reloaded will be shipped to stores around the world. I hope every Xbox owner here as saved up enough money to purchase this once in a lifetime marvel of a game. No I haven't actually played it, but based on CBFD for the 64, and with the technical achievements this game has already boasted, I can honestly say that you will not be dissapointed with this game.

I can't wait to finally take this game for a spin.

I hope to get this considering it'll be a nice break from the cheating, lagging, undeserving of life little kids that infest Halo 2 like some sort of ravenous cancer.

And considering every game on earth (besides Manhunt) is at least 50x better than Halo 2, this game will be incredible.

trkorecky said:
And considering every game on earth (besides Manhunt) is at least 50x better than Halo 2, this game will be incredible.
hehehe :lol

come on... manhunt... at least give a better game than that :lol

Bv :hat

Well, I finally played it yesterday, all I can say is, wow.

Ok, first off I had a couple dissapointments. The multiplayer which in the 64 game got its charm from having a ton of unique modes to play, has turned into basic team vs. team assaults, CTF's, etc. I was a little dissapointed that not only did they not include the unique game modes from the 64 Conker, but they didn't really come up with any new ones. Also, everything's a lot more complicated. Carrying several sets of weapons as well as tools in addition to special moves. Its very overwhelming at first. I thought everything was a bit cluttered and in 2 player especially, it was hard to see. Especially because every CPU has a big freakin name over his head(to simulate online play I guess), so when you run into a battle zone you don't really see people(tediz/squirrels I guess they'd be) you just see big names all over the place.

That being said, once I got used to the new look, wow. Each multiplayer mode encourages teamwork in different ways. THe maps have some really interesting ideas in them. The different classes you can be adds a whole new dimension to the strategy, as well as being incredibly cool. The obvious spoofs in mission briefings are absolutely hilarious, and just sitting back and watching the mayhem is jawdropping. Everything is graphically gorgeous, even when there's a ton of thigns exploding around you. The controls are tight and quick to learn but good players are easily separated from the bad. For the amount of unique classes in the game the balance seems to be really good (though I think the demolitions class could be overpowered... or maybe I'm just good with them) and all in all I played the multiplayer for about 4 straight hours yesterday without even knowing it. And that was playing it offline.

To top everything off, the single player, although being an exact port (not quite, but the changes are for the best and the game laughs at this fact, its great, trust me) feels like you're playing a new game. To see everything realized the way it should have been (the size of things, the textures, the music, the lighting, etc.) is absolutely amazing and I find myself gitty with anticipation of seeing how some levels from the 64 version turned out in this one. The comedy is as it was, so its magnificent. This time around its a lot easier to control Conker, especially as far as hitting things with your "frying pan" goes. The whole package is just absolutely fantastic.

All in all, I can say Conker: Live and Reloaded does not dissapoint. Buy it for the single player, keep it for the multiplayer. If you played the 64 one give this one a chance and you'll love it just as much. If you haven't played the 64 one, you're in for a real treat.

Not that I give games ratings, but if I had to I'd give this one a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. I just would have liked some remnants of the 64 multiplayer modes on here. Other than that, this version of the game is superior in every way. I can't wait to take this baby online...

I hate following up my own post but...

We tried system linking this game yesterday thinking we could play some 2 vs. 2 hopefully with a handful of bots on each team. We get everything set up, start the game, and find out when you system link you can only have one player per Xbox. My response to this is, wtf!? What the hell is the frickin point of even having a system link option if it only supports one person per Xbox. Seriously, its effing retarded. The fact that it doesn't support 4 players at all is a complete outrage, but the fact that you can't even have 2 players per system on system link. Absolutely ridiculous.

Biggest dissapointment of this game so far. With all the emphasis on multiplayer you'd think they'd actually make the game multiplayer. Xbox Live is a great alternative to playing with your buds, but that should always be the priority for multiplayer gaming. Instead its the other way around, and it makes me very angry. :mad:

Maybe they werent counting on having too many people using the link and more people using XBOX live. Although that sucks hard since you went out of your way to set it up, im sure thats what happened. Plus doesnt it say on the box or on the manual how many players are able to play when linked? If not then that sucks even more.

I hated multiplayer when I played it.............everyone is using the incredibly newbish destroyer i think it is...........and single player (i didnt play it) didnt seem to impress me much either as i was watching it

Maybe they werent counting on having too many people using the link and more people using XBOX live. Although that sucks hard since you went out of your way to set it up, im sure thats what happened. Plus doesnt it say on the box or on the manual how many players are able to play when linked? If not then that sucks even more.

The box says something like "System Link 2-16 players" but System Link also means using Xbox Live. If they weren't counting on having too many people using the system link feature they just shouldn't have made it an option in the game.

I hated multiplayer when I played it.............everyone is using the incredibly newbish destroyer i think it is...........and single player (i didnt play it) didnt seem to impress me much either as i was watching it

You're thinking of the demolisher. And yes they are overpowered and yes multiplayer has a ridiculously steep learning curve to it, but if you stick with it long enough to figure out what's going on, its worth it.

Multiplayer has a learning curve? Wow, I am better than I thought....Fire up a Grunt or Sneeker=40+ kills for me.

Seriously though, multiplayer is too easy. I did the best on my team as a Thermophile my first time playing! It has a little bit of complexity to it, but I already read plenty of stuff on it. BTW, comparing this game to BFD (which many do) is pointless. You can play with 4 player offline splitscreen with much worse graphics all you want while I'm playing Live and Reloaded online. Point is-Live and Reloaded>Bad Fur Day. Of course they changed some things, if they didn't people would just say its the same old crap they gave us 4 years ago.

Well, the return of multiplayer games like Beach would have been great, but, what can you do?

I still haven't played this game over XBL. I've heard that Demolishers are way overpowered, but if anything I think sneekers are. Still, I can't wait to kill some people over the net.

It all depends who you are playing with. But I agree Sneekers are overpowered, but wait until you see upgraded Sneekers.

Oh ya, there's that whole "get better as you get better" part of the game isn't there? I completely forgot about that. Couldn't that make the game a little hard for beginners or does the game match up teams equally like in Halo 2?

stealth... did you say single player was just an exact port.... or did I miss something?

BV :hat

It is a port of the 64 game, though its not really an "exact" port because they tweaked some of the gameplay mechanics and added in/took out some fo the objectives in the game and stuff. If you played the 64 version, you won't really see anything new, although the overall experience does feel fresh.

it sucsk tho that no one bought the old N64 conker i had a hell of a time playing that game...tahts why i dont think ill buy this one i still have the ol un adn i dotn feel the need to shell out fifty for n update