Guy beats Super Mario 64 in 16mins and 27 seconds....WOW!!!

Bluevoodu said:
man... there is no way..... that guy had to be cheating... cool video... but there is no way. There were a few places he jumped through the walls..

It's an amazing video though :) pretty cool looking.

BUT... I have to say *like creepin said*.... I want to see people do this stuff on real consoles. I think for records to count.... there should be a no emu rule.

†B†V† :hat

Don't fool yourself. I can do many things this fellow can. We'll meet up at E3 someday and you can come to my hotel room and I'll whip out a 64. Some Golden Eye while we're at it. :)

creepindeth said:
Well have any of you read the comments on the side?

For once I want to see it done on an actual console. Oh and some of the timing on some of the platforms seems a little too convenient.

The game is based on a timer system, that is to say things occur at particular points certainly.

Could you explain how he cheated? I'm not accusing you of lying, but how can you tell?

I've seen incredible things done in games before.

i havent watched the video in a while,but I think when he gets the star behind the bars,he glitches.An when he goes backswards up the stairs at impeccable speed,he used hotkeys.He played that entire game on a cpu,not on the N64 console

Watching that video has brought a tear to my eye. LOL those were the good ol days of gaming and that guy is just sick for real, he knows all the aspects of the game and even the physics.

SpartanEvolved said:
Could you explain how he cheated? I'm not accusing you of lying, but how can you tell?

I've seen incredible things done in games before.

Itwas Emulated, not the real N64 game.

Okay, so it wasn't the real game, and it was probably tool-assisted. It still serves its purpose-showing the fastest way to beat the game.

It's not technically cheating, he only does things you can do in the original game, but using easier controls and save states, so he can bypass the limit on human reflexes.

the entire article on how he did it. (on the right side of the screen)
just in case ya didn't read it

This movie was made using an emulator with savestates and slowdown. It's meant to show the game pushed to its limits. Notes: Ever wonder if Mario was actually a ninja wearing blue overalls? Now you know. This run completes the game after collecting a mere 16 stars. It was originally intended that the player collect a minimum of 70 to finish, but a few bugs allow Mario to pass through doors and barriers that require a minimum number of stars to open. Mario has a very wide range of skills for mobility and some of the physics of this game are easily abused by an experienced player. This movie: - Aims for fastest time - Takes damage to save time - Abuses programming errors in the game - Ignores semi-important goals in the game«

it's still amazing to be able to do it though

MegaDrive20XX said:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8473121833910554075&q=mario

Someone remove the controller from this guy's hands...the game caught on fire :lol just GOOD LORD!! :eek:
thats nothing compared to this 1 guy i watched like a week ago. he beat it in like 5 minutes no joke. if i can find it il PM it 2 you.