N64 RPGs??

Joined Jun 2005
7K Posts | 0+
Louisburg, NC, USA
Are there any good RPGs for the N64?? I only have Aidyn Chronicles, and I have to say that I'm not impressed at all. The battle system is weird.

Are there any others???

Thanks Grindspine. I didn't realize that I was in the wrong area!!

Ogre Battle 64
Paper Mario
Harvest Moon 64
Quest 64 <--- really watered down Zelda wanna be that's very short and easy

Sadly, the best two, Ogre Battle and Paper Mario go for a solid price tag.

Yeah n64's rpg titles are pretty sad...although quest 64 was fun it is like said before a very watered down rpg. In its own right I enjoyed it, I believe its a great entry level rpg! But if your experienced Quest 64 is just to easy short and well boring to satisfy anyone!

I finished Quest 64 within 6 hours...the only thing that ran across my mind was "Wait, did I mess up?"

I think Paper Mario is the closest to a traditional RPG as it gets. Ogre Battle is awesome, but is a tactical strategy rpg. Pretty good graphics too. OG64 is a very long game but I didn't find it boring at all as I spent hours upon hours upgrading and customizing my army. It took me 75 hours to complete the first time I played through it.

So, there ae more RPGs for the Xbox than the N64, eh??

That's a bummer... :-\

Oh yeah man. Quest 64 is the bomb.

Eck.. no.. stick to PSX for that generation of RPG.

Numerically maybe, but the Xbox RPG games rock. KotOR is, the best RPG of all time according to reviews. Not that they mean everything, but they do mean something.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

well most of the good ones have been said, would you count any of the pokemon stadium games RPG's?

those and the previous mentioned ones are all that comes to mind

SpartanEvolved said:
Numerically maybe, but the Xbox RPG games rock. KotOR is, the best RPG of all time according to reviews. Not that they mean everything, but they do mean something.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

KOTOR I and II yes, but what other choices can we name?

MegaDrive20XX said:
KOTOR I and II yes, but what other choices can we name?

KOTOR is nothing more than a modified Infinity Engine game.

Furthermore, it's MUCH, MUCH more enjoyable on PC. Have fun with all those bugs and crashes, which KOTOR is notorious for.

Sartori said:

Furthermore, it's MUCH, MUCH more enjoyable on PC. Have fun with all those bugs and crashes, which KOTOR is notorious for.
wow... did Sartori just say something is better on the PC? :eek:

BV :hat

Sartori said:

Cool, but what other choices of games do we have for the Xbox that is RPG related?

Bluevoodu said:
wow... did Sartori just say something is better on the PC? :eek:

BV :hat

Uh.. most things are better on PC.

I don't understand your statement.

Cool, but what other choices of games do we have for the Xbox that is RPG related?

Uh. None. I never advocated the X Box having RPGs. In fact, I flat out insulted it..

Not a whole lot. Oh yes, in my 2 playthroughs (dark and light) not one serious bug or glitch and no crashes. My friend has played through it 6 or 7 times and he hasn't had problems with it either. Both of these are Xbox version mind you. I'm sure if KotOR was on the Gamecube though it would be "on par" with the PC version...

I never had any problems with it on the PC. And about that Gamerankings Site, this section had me confused, http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

Call me an idiot, but I've never even heard of Advance Wars or Sacrifice, Rome Total War was worse than Medieval Total War, and Age of Mythology was more like a mod for Age of Kings. :shame

Rome was so much better than Medieval... I agree Civ 4 is one of the best games ever, too freaking bad I lost my second disc to it.