why not any new n64 games

bigcomicbookfan said:
i mean its still a pretty new system so why no new games :?

Technology ages differently to us humans. Heck, four years is pretty long! But now its obsolete (yet still brilliant), and there are no longer games made for it. If you want to get some, you'll have to go hunting them down.

...I've never owned an atari...they look so primitive to us teenagers of this age or something like that...

mariorulezman said:
...I've never owned an atari...they look so primitive to us teenagers of this age or something like that...

A2600_Combat.png

Behold, the multiplayer magnificence of Combat, my generation's equivalent of Halo! Seriously, when we were teenagers we had neighborhood tournaments with that game. Hard to believe, ain't it?

...Yes it is...lol that game does not compare to Halo...it doesn't even compare to Command and Conquer:Renegade.That games graphics are pretty bad for it's time...

mariorulezman said:
...Yes it is...lol that game does not compare to Halo...it doesn't even compare to Command and Conquer:Renegade.That games graphics are pretty bad for it's time...

The graphics were awesome for a home video game in '77 (when it first came out) and by the early '80s it was being packaged with the 2600 so everyone had a copy. You have to understand that before the Atari 2600 caught on the only affordable home video games were black and white Pong type games. It compares to Halo in spirit because it was one of the first games where 2 people could shoot at each other head to head. Combat was the very first multiplayer shooter that was played at home by millions of people.

FrakAttack said:
A2600_Combat.png

Behold,  the multiplayer magnificence of Combat,  my generation's equivalent of Halo!  Seriously,  when we were teenagers we had neighborhood tournaments with that game.  Hard to believe,  ain't it?

Gosh, I had that game!!! Back when all I had was my NES, 2600, Comodore 64 and Sega Master System...

Hey, there's a guy on Craigslist that lives near me that wants to give up two 2600s and 117 games for some power tools... :rockin

Dart said:
Hey, there's a guy on Craigslist that lives near me that wants to give up two 2600s and 117 games for some power tools... :rockin

That'd fetch at least $200 on eBay if they're in working condition, maybe more. I hardly ever see working systems at yard sales or junk stores anymore so the consoles themselves are becoming somewhat rare. I sold mine back in '83 when I upgraded to the 5200 but now I'm wishing that I had kept it. Still have my ColecoVision though, and it still works fine. :D

FrakAttack said:
The graphics were awesome for a home video game in '77 (when it first came out) and by the early '80s it was being packaged with the 2600 so everyone had a copy.  You have to understand that before the Atari 2600 caught on the only affordable home video games were black and white Pong type games.  It compares to Halo in spirit because it was one of the first games where 2 people could shoot at each other head to head.  Combat was the very first multiplayer shooter that was played at home by millions of people.

lol you said ppl...lol

Mariorulez doesn't know how to post anything that relates to the topic ever.

The 64...I remember I was finally set to buy one and they stopped making games. That was a sad day for me.

hey i do sometimes!!!thats not fair!!

I still have my 64 and my friend has one...but i really wanta Wii... :'( and also strubes youve been on 5480 for ever now that i think about it...i havnt really seen u on any other post no.

mariorulezman said:
hey i do sometimes!!!thats not fair!!

I still have my 64 and my friend has one...but i really wanta Wii... :'( and also strubes youve been on 5480 for ever now that i think about it...i havnt really seen u on any other post no.

I think he's on 4581 and I didn't mean to start a fight. Just let it go.

It wasn't a fight. It was a fact that I brought up. Just try and post more stuff relative to the thread at hand. :)

There was a rumor last year that some more N64 games were gonna come out...but I believe all came out to be false.