IGN Halo 2 review- 8 pages long! O_O

Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
Obviously, I'm not going to copy/paste the whole thing. But here's the link.

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/557/557509p1.html

I didn't read the whole thing because I'm afraid there are spoilers, but here's the basic breakdown of the scoring.

9.5   Presentation
While the presentation is, in many ways, superb -- with a great story, pacing, etc., the ending is tricky, and the cutscenes often show pop-in.   

9.5   Graphics
Everything is higher res, more polished, and the lighting, special effects, and animation all top-notch. The Normal Mapping is cool, but imperfect and sometimes troublesome.   

10   Sound
The superb use of Dolby 5.1 sound colors everything with realism. The music is excellent, while the sound effects, voice-acting, & the well-known musical guests appearances work in surprisingly well.   

10   Gameplay
You've got one great storyline, one hell-of-an-improved single-player game with dual-wielding, jacking, and more weapons, and some surprises.   

10   Lasting Appeal
The single-player game is about 10-15 hours depending on how good you are. The online portion is unbelievably good. It surpasses everything else on Xbox Live 10-fold.   

9.8  OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average) 

Honestly, I'm a little surprised it scored below GTA: San Andreas, but they were reviewed by different people, so I guess that's part of it.