Modded Super Metroid

Joined Jun 2006
3 Posts | 0+
Oxfordshire, UK
I read in a magazine that one of the original development team members has coded a new version of this, with redesigned areas and some new items as well I think, does anybody know much about it and where I could download a copy?

welcome to the boards :) we hope you enjoy your stay!

Now.. that is strange.... I've never heard of this. If you find info.... could you post it up?

Bv :hat

Ok, sorry been away so long, hectic lifestyle  :D Update then. First point is that it isn't coded by one of the original team, I missread it <doh>! Secondly, the download, which can be found here http://drewseph.zophar.net/ You'll need the rom Super Metroid (JU) for it to run, it will not work on the European version, but as far as I understand it if you find the US version it'll work on that as well (virtually no difference between the Jap and US versions apparently). Just a warning to finish off, this game is ROCK, it's alot harder to get anywhere in this than the original, from what I've played so far I'd put it on a par with the original Zelda's 2nd quest in comparison. Have fun.

As long as that doesn't provide a link to the original ROM, I guess your post is ok.

I really wish that Super Metroid was revamped and released on the GBA...

PSP would be even better, but that definitely won't happen...

I miss the 2d world!

Grindspine said:
I really wish that Super Metroid was revamped and released on the GBA...

PSP would be even better, but that definitely won't happen...

I miss the 2d world!
I'm curious as to WHY the PSP would be better to have Super Metroid on?

Bv :hat