All purpose Halo 2 thread!

Status
Closed
Joined Jun 2004
11K Posts | 0+
Georgia
What are you most looking forward to in Halo 2?

I'm tied between the dual wielding and the XBOX Live compatibility! :woot

But the ability to jack Ghosts and other vehicles should be pretty sweet too.

Are you getting the regular Halo 2 or the limited edition Halo 2 in the metal tin with all the extra goodies? I have the Limited Edition pre-ordered. I want to pay it off before the game comes out so that I can be in the VIP line. :D

Live, plain and simple.......multiplayer halo 2 is the best thing that will ever come to the xbox!

When I get my GamerTag I'll have to post it and then maybe we could do some multiplayer with people on this board (after Halo 2 comes out, of course). That would be pretty cool!

The campaign. Competent marines, new enemies, and huge levels appeal to me. And, hopefully, campaign will have Live co-op, 4 player co-op, and system linking co-op.

Multiplayer looks cool too.

Four player co-op would be pretty sweet. It would make taking on the Flood (assuming they'll be in Halo 2) a lot more fun.

Have you read any of the Halo books, by any chance? They are really good.

Read and own all 3. Fall of Reach was the best. First Strike was awesome. The Flood was the worst because there weren't many new things the game didn't tell you(although it could have been the author).

Do you think the Cortana storyline from the books will make it into Halo 2? I was really wondering where they were going with that. I also want to know what the doctor chick (can't remember how to spell her name at the moment) was planning on doing with Kelly. It left a lot of questions, IMO. I'm hoping they'll be answered in Halo 2.

I think it would be cool if you could play as the other Spartansin side missions

I wonder where Dr. Halsey and Kelly went....

I don't really like any of the great additions any more than another. I think they're all great, as long as Halo 2 lives up to the hype (which I'm sure it will).

All I know that is that I saw a screenshot of Halo 2 with the Master Chief(s) DUEL WEILDING human and plasma weapons... awesome...

That's be cool. I'm just wondering how when you play Halo, and fall from a distance, he gets hurt or killed, but yet in one of the movies announcing Halo 2 he jumps out of a spacecraft in orbit and lives to tell the tale? Also, if MC can flip over a 66 ton tank with ease, why does it take a few hits to melee something to death in Legendary?

^ good questions. The fall one is to make the game harder to screw up. For instance, on AotCR, you could just jump off the bridge, no tricks or anything, and live if you didn't die mid-fall. And, how fun would any difficulty be if one melee splatered anything against the wall?

It'd be amusing if you could enter a cheat code to do that. I think it'd be great amusement to hear "oh god, he's everywhere" and then watch him fly halfway across the level.

For anyone who likes to get the strategy guides along with the games, there's going to be 2 for Halo 2, and for some reason they are coming out in October about 2 weeks ahead of the game.

Anyway, one of them is a limited edition strategy guide that comes with a DVD. I think I'll probably get that one.

Why on earth would they come out before the game? Weird.

Has anyone here actually tried hacking they're Xbox? It's supposed to be really difficult.

4 player co-op! I hadn't heard about that. That'd be awesome, though ammo would be spread pretty thin unless they compensate for it.

^Yeah, sounds like it would be. The only problem, other than ammo, that I can see about 4 player coop is the screen'll be so small you'd need a telescope.

Well, split screen is not that bad if you have a descent sized TV. Mine's a 27 inch flat screen and I don't have a problem playing four-player splitscreen.

Status
Closed