Should I buy an xbox?

Joined Feb 2005
6K Posts | 0+
In front of my computer
Hey guys, Im wondering if I should buy a XBOX. I know the 360 is coming out soon and everything but, I never got into xbox. I always played ps2. I dont know if I should get one or just wait and buy a xbox 360. Im not sure if I like the xbox controls since Im so used to the PS2. Any one have any info or opinions on what I should do?

Like I said in the other topic, wait till the new xbox comes out. Im sure they will drop the price of the old xbox's.

I really dont think I want to spend that much for a 360. I think im going to get an xbox and then xbox live. With school starting I wont play it enough to get my moneys worth the 500+ dollars. I think I might get a xbox and halo next week. Do you really think the xbox will go down in price that much?

Also, is xbox live free on weekends? I heard it was from someone.

AresGodOfWar023 said:
I really dont think I want to spend that much for a 360. I think im going to get an xbox and then xbox live. With school starting I wont play it enough to get my moneys worth the 500+ dollars. I think I might get a xbox and halo next week. Do you really think the xbox will go down in price that much?

I think they will Im sure some places will try to get rid of their current inventory and try to sell the new stuff. So I say just wait. Since you're already leaning on buying one anyways. You can get it either way when the new one comes out.

So when are they coming out? November?

Also, is xbox live free on weekends? I heard it was from someone.

I think im going to get Halo and Halo 2. Then eventually get Morrowind or Fable. Then Forza or GTA.

Hey guys, guess what. I bought an xbox today. I only have one game. Tony Hawk Underground. I wanted Halo but they were out. I guess I will have to wait to play that game. Anyways, I love this xbox. The ps2 was getting to old for me, I needed something new.

Xbox live is not free on weekends....you don't pay a daily fee, or a fee for using it. You can buy 2 months at a time, a year at a time, maybe one month or three.

I think I read that the XBOX live silver edition will be able to go online free on weekends. Im almost positive I read that. By the way Tony Hawk Underground is a cool game.

No, you didn't read that, because the Xbox 1 does not have Silver or Gold accounts.Are you thinking of the 360? It might have free weekends, but I doubt it, since the whole point of the Gold membership is to be able to play online.

SpartanEvolved said:
No, you didn't read that, because the Xbox 1 does not have Silver or Gold accounts.Are you thinking of the 360? It might have free weekends, but I doubt it, since the whole point of the Gold membership is to be able to play online.

Yeah but maybe it does. It seems feasible, but I doubt it also.

Well, considering most game time will be racked up on the weekends, it doesn't seem logical to make the busiest times free, buy who knows.

How much did you pay for your Xbox?? I may buy the current one soon if I can. Or I will hold out untill my brother-in-law says he wants to get rid of his. It'll probably be worth it for me to get a current one and buy up some games. I dunno yet though...

I bought it for 150. Then I got Tony Hawk Undergorund for 20 and today i got another controller and halo for 55.

Dart said:
How much did you pay for your Xbox?? I may buy the current one soon if I can. Or I will hold out untill my brother-in-law says he wants to get rid of his. It'll probably be worth it for me to get a current one and buy up some games. I dunno yet though...

xbox's run at about $150 new. If you want a used one then it costs about $130. I say wait, I know its hard to do but prices are bound to drop when the new xbox comes out and maybe by then you can get a good deal from your brother-in-law.

Yeah true. I'll just have my wife go over there and get it for free like she got my Saturn from him for me. She is very persuasive. ;)