Counterstrike

Joined Feb 2005
6K Posts | 0+
In front of my computer
Who has this game for xbox? How is it compared to Halo? I read some reviews on it, Im wondering if I should get it or not.

Shouldnt it be really cheap by now? I know its an old game. I say go for it if the price is right.

yeah, its like 15 or 20 bucks............only get it if you plan to play online, there arent any missions or anything, the only offline play is against the computers..........i like it though, its a pretty fun game online

Ok cool that its cheap, but how is the game? Everyone seems to love it for the pc. Does it compare to the pc version? Also how is it compared to Halo.

never played the PC version.....but compared to the original halo counterstrikes multiplayer is probably about the same or better........spartan is probably the guy you wanna talk to though

I have it. The single player is just playing against the computer. You're either the terrorist or the counter-terrorist.

Depending on the map you pick is what kind of mission you will play. There's either bomb missions or hostage missions.

I don't have Xbox live at my house so I don't know what it's like on there.

I got this for $20 new at Gamestop. They didn't have the cover insert or the instructions so I got some money knocked off of that. :)

I got mine for 20 bucks factory sealed aka new.

Don't bother with this game unless you have friends to play it with. Offline is worthless, and the online community is small because of Halo 2. You can still get good games going, but trust me this game is at its best when you are playing with friends. (2 humans versus 8 bots on System Link=Amazingly Intense action)

Is there a multiplayer mode that you can play vs bots? Also I noticed you have Doom 3, how is that game?

Facing bots is either too easy or too hard. There is no "in between" setting. My friend and I usually put the bots on Expert (highest difficulty) and set the number of bots to maximum (8). So it is usually a 2 v 8 or a 3 v 8. That's loads of fun. Doom 3 is only worth it if you want the Collector's Edition for the Old School Dooms. It is decent fun, but the singleplayer is bland, and the multiplayer SUCKS! Only buy it for Co-op (pretty fun but too easy) and the old Dooms.

Im sorta looking for a xbox game that has decent single player and multi that has bots...

Any thing come to mind?

have you looked into the Time Splitter series?

I believe they have online bots... decent single player.. especially #2

Bv :hat

Thanks Bv, I just looked at number two on Gamespot. Looks really cool. I might have to get it now :D

Timesplitters 2 doesn't support Xbox Live, and I'm sure of it.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/timesplitters2/index.html?q=timesplitters

Not nice to give out false info, ecspecially when it involves $$$ ;)

Well Spartan this is what Im looking for.

An xbox game that has xbox live, a decent story mode, multiplayer and multiplayer bots. Are there any games out that you can do that? I remember James Bond Nightfire had all of those (except the online) and I used to love playing that game.

Well, to be honest, many games don't have lots of palyers because of Halo 2. But, I would say wait for a game like Rainbow Six Lockdown, that looks very promising.