Atari Jaguar I HAVE ONE FINALLY!

Joined Feb 2011
654 Posts | 0+
Michigan
my dad gave me his old Atari Jaguar to keep at my apartment. i laughed at the graphics because i was thinking about back then, those were the best graphics ever. i still like it though :)

CreepinDeth said:
Jealous. Been looking at some on Ebay. What game(s) do you have?

that's the thing though, we cant find the games! :'(

BUT! there is a video game store that i called and they said they carry a few, he didn't tell me what they were cause he hung up too soon. what games do you recommend i look for? cause i am new to this system.

CreepinDeth said:
Alien vs. Predator. After that, not many others.

Well there's Pitfall, Rayman, RAIDEN, DOOM, Flashback, Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tails, Tempest 2000, Wolfenstien 3D are honorable mentions.

Bought Alien Vs. Predator, Doom, Flashback, and Tempest 2000

Doom- really good
Alien Vs. Predator- haven't played yet
Flasheback- not so good
Tempest2000- like it so far

Raiden
Defender 2000
Tempest 2000
Rayman
Super Burnout
CyberMorph
Zool 2

These are basically my favorites out of the ones in my collection, which I need to expand to include a few other games.

Tempest 2000 and Alien Vs Predator... I love these games. Grindspine and I played Alien Vs Predator in the dark way back in the day... the corridor noises (Etc) were actually a little freaky... although no so much by today's standards.

Are you still playing your Atari Jaguar?

Also, I REALLY hate Raiden... ... ... The Jaguar version just sucked. I call false advertising on the back of the Raiden box too... it shows a bomb going off... and the ground looks like there is a crater. Craters occur in several Raiden versions, but not in the Jaguar version. It was just a well placed bomb into a static crater on the map. That made me MMADDD :lol I thought we were going to get a Raiden version that was awesome and had the craters like the arcade version.

†B†V† :hat

I still pull mine out occasionally. And I really liked the Jag version of Raiden. I put it in second place behind the Turbo Grafx 16 version.

my ex got one when we were still in our teens and even back then he had trouble getting games. I wish I had like every old system to display in my house as decorations :)

retro junkie said:
I still pull mine out occasionally. And I really liked the Jag version of Raiden. I put it in second place behind the Turbo Grafx 16 version.
I have to say... I do not like Jaguar Raiden :lol

Now... the Turbo Grafx 16 version is REALLY cool. I love playing that game.

I think I may break out my Jaguar tonight and play Alien Vs predator... ... ... or Tempest 2000 :D That sounds like a great time.

BV :hat

Turbotracks said:
Don't forget Iron Soldier and Power Drive Rally! I devoted many hours to those two!
Good call... Iron Soldier... and Iron Soldier 2 for the Jaguar CD Add-on are both excellent games!! graphics aside, Iron Soldier was a great looking game for back in the day. It's still fun to play. Iron Soldier 2 is as well... but harder to find the CD Add-on these days.

BV :hat