Changing PS3 NAT Type

Joined Jan 2010
4K Posts | 0+
Northern AL
I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've tried watching videos, reading guides, tried Sony's website... I can not figure it out. It's NAT Type 3 right now, and I need to change it to 1 or 2, but I don't know how. Do any of you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PUmw0Fq-Ws

or...For NAT 1, connect your PS3 directly to your modem with an ethernet cable (i.e. no router, and you can't do it wirelessly).

and

If you're NAT Type 3 trying to go into Type 2. Then inn most cases you will have to assign your PS3 a static IP address. I can't tell you step by step how to do it to your router but hopefully now that you know what it's called you can find your way. You'll need to know your PS3s MAC address to assign a static IP. To find your MAC address simply go to:

Settings > System Settings > System Information

You should now see your MAC address, I suggest you write it down. Afterwords on your routers settings, you need to open ports:

TCP: 80, 443, 5223
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658

Once you've done this turn off your PS3 and power cycle your router. Run another Internet Connection Test and you're hopefully NAT Type 2.

I've seen that guide word for word before, didn't help.
First off, why do you need to write your MAC address now? That guide never mentions using it anywhere.
And second, I have all those ports open, and I have cycled everything, and it's still Type 3.

ThravRande said:
I've seen that guide word for word before, didn't help.
First off, why do you need to write your MAC address now? That guide never mentions using it anywhere.
And second, I have all those ports open, and I have cycled everything, and it's still Type 3.

What about Type 1 or is it just wireless always?

Anyone else know how to open a router's NAT? I can't play RE5 online through Steam because of it, now.