Battlefield 3 Problems

Status
Closed
Joined Dec 2006
8K Posts | 0+
Apo Pantoz Kakodaimonoz
Battlefield 3 is running really slow on my computer and the sound sometimes doesn't match with whats going on in the game and I was wondering what the problem could be. Here are my PC specifications as well to see if that means something.

Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit
Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz
3072MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2292MB of Video Memory

I've looked through google and that didn't help me much. I'm hoping someone else will know cause i'm running lowest setting of everything and its still not running correctly.
And as you can see I definately meet the minimum requirements.

Have you been having problems in other games or programs? Does it ever blue screen or just lock up?

Your hardware is up to the task, no question. It shouldn't need to be running it at the lowest settings by any means. I would say barring any hardware issues such as bad memory or hard drive you've got a software issue.

I've had no problems at all with any other game. This computer has been beasting through every game on Highest detail to the point of crazy but BF3 is just being weird.

Well, I think I found the problem, my reading skills. But before I get to that I have to ask, was BF3 ever running right on you system?

Have you tried tweaking the options in the options menu? MAINLY sound options (lowering sound quality) or lowing graphics quality to the lowest settings and work up from there? If not... try that.

Also, are ALL of your drivers up-to-date? Mainly video drivers and/or sound drivers?

What other services or programs are running while you are playing the game? Other services like Skype... or ANY other programs that may suck bandwidth or resources?

Remember.. you are on 32Bit Windows... so your system CANNOT utilize more than 4 GB of ram at a time for all devices:
3072MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2292MB of Video Memory

Just above... you have 5.2GB of ram in your machine... so something will not be utilized... probably one of your ram chips will not function. If you havea 2nd monitor... watch your resource monitor. See if you see odd things going on with your graphs.

Just a few tips... I hope they help. Keep us up to date on your progress.,

BV :hat

The problem is your video card. I failed to notice it is a 6570. Those aren't very fast and I've run a search and seen people with 6570s having that same problem. You have 128bit GDDR3. Also, that much memory is really a waste. I would spring for at least a 6850 or a 5770. Don't go more than 1GB and make sure it's 256bit GDDR5.

Bluevoodu said:
Remember.. you are on 32Bit Windows... so your system CANNOT utilize more than 4 GB of ram at a time for all devices:
3072MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6570
2292MB of Video Memory

Just above... you have 5.2GB of ram in your machine... so something will not be utilized... probably one of your ram chips will not function. If you havea 2nd monitor... watch your resource monitor. See if you see odd things going on with your graphs.

BV :hat

Actually, the memory of a dedicated GPU is not counted in that. The memory on a video is addressed separately by the video card as it's the only thing utilizing it. Only the system memory is an issue there and he's addressing all of it.

Polygon said:
The problem is your video card. I failed to notice it is a 6570. Those aren't very fast and I've run a search and seen people with 6570s having that same problem. You have 128bit GDDR3. Also, that much memory is really a waste. I would spring for at least a 6850 or a 5770. Don't go more than 1GB and make sure it's 256bit GDDR5.

Well. That really sucks. I'm incredibly angry at myself for not doing my research on that.

That's one thing I hate about ATi is the naming system. You would think the 6570 would be better than a 5xxx card but that isn't the case. In each series of cards they have high and low end cards. I almost made the same mistake you did by buying a used 5570. After I did a little research I found out it was barely faster than the 4850 I had been currently using and ended up getting a 6850 instead.

Yup, that's why I always recommend the x850 or higher of anything from the 5 series and above. I have 2 6850s to run the higher end games at full 1080p myself.

I hate this. Now I have to spring for a new graphics card and I just got a new graphics card...

Eh...Seeing as the problem has been solved I guess a Mod can close this thread.

Sorry dude. Didn't mean to be the bearer of bad news. At least, 6850s are much cheaper now as they are around a year old.

I personally own the Sapphire. I also own the Diamond version but it's not listed. The MSI one looks to be the best with it receiving 5 eggs. The Gigabyte and ASUS shouldn't be bad either.

I have the MSi Cyclone 6850. It's over clocked slightly from the factory. I think it's a great value right now.

Eh I'll figure it out eventually. I don't even have a way to order things online.

Also, thanks for all your help guys.

Status
Closed